Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
blessedsacramentbasketball
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Help! I cannot connect anymore

Hello
I am new to this stuff so please make any responses as simple as possible

I see MxxCon you've numerously referred ppl to this link http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4275. for first time posts. I'm not completely sure of everything but I am attempting to give you as much information as possible (It must get frustrating to consistently repeat yourself to people who don't bother to read things before they post lol)

FlashFXP v[ ].[ ], build [ ], [ ]registered, [ ]unregistered, [ ]pirated--- I don't know, this is my boss's comp. I am assuming it is registered*
OS [ ] Windows 7, [ ] Vista, [ ] WinXP, [ ] Other (explain)--- This laptop is Vista (hoping to get Window 7 on it this weekend, but as of right now, it's Vista)
* Running behind hardware router/firewall [ ] Yes & Model [ ], [ ] No, [ ] Not sure--- I really don't know. Nothing pops up when I open FlashFXP to ask permission if that helps
* Running software firewall [ ] Yes, Name [ ], Ver. [ ], or [ ] No--Again, not sure
* Running Antivirus [ ] Yes, Name [ ] or [ ] No--Yes, Norton Antivirus
* Network [ ] DSL, [ ] CABLE, [ ] Dail-Up, [ ] Other--- I believe this is DSL but it could be cable. There is a cord connected to my wireless router in the office labelled "DSL" (see how beginner I am? hahaha)

This is the log that is in the bottom right corner when I try to connect
WinSock 2.0 -- OpenSSL 0.9.8i 15 Sep 2008
[R] Connecting to BLESSED SACRAMENT BASKETBALL -> IP=64.26.***.** PORT=21
[R] Connected to BLESSED SACRAMENT BASKETBALL
[R] 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] ----------
[R] 220-You are user number 50 of 400 allowed.
[R] 220-Local time is now 10:53. Server port: 21.
[R] 220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
[R] 220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
[R] USER ********
[R] 331 User ******** OK. Password required
[R] PASS (hidden)
[R] 421 Home directory not available - aborting
[R] Connection failed
[R] Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #1

This has only recently happened. I could connect absolutely fine (I used FlashFXP daily to update our site the past few months). Two days ago, I can no longer connect and the above is what FlashFXP is telling me. I'm sure that this is going to be simple to someone, but I do not even know what a home directory is in order to start to fix this. I have not changed anything on the computer nor have I deleted any sort of files within the two day span for something to change. I have also double and triple checked the I.P address as being correct...Can someone help me with this? I called the company that provides us with the internet/website, but they said it was a problem with the Flash FXP software itself not being able to find the home directory.... so where is this home directory and how can i make flash fxp find it again/make it available

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hello again,
would you believe as soon as I posted this and tried to connect again, it worked?
so this isn't as imperative as it was because I am now able to connect. But can someone explain to me why this problem occured in the first place? what is my home directory and why was it not available? and why it took 2 days to fix itself? any help would be great so that if this problem happens again in the future, I will know what to do.

Last edited by blessedsacramentbasketball; 05-14-2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: update on the problem raised
Old 05-14-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

your home directly is the folder you are placed in after you login to the server.
it's your user's profile folder.

questions of why it wasn't available and why it took 2 days to fix it should be directed to the owner/administrator of that server. there is no way for anybody on this forum to know for sure what's happening on that server.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:12 AM   #3
blessedsacramentbasketball
FlashFXP Registered User

thanks for the response! apparently the company lied to me when they said it had nothing to do with them...
Closed Thread

Tags
connection, flashfxp, fxp, homedirectory unavailable, [r]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: