Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
orkibo
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default Recover Site Details - How To?

So my license file somehow got corrupted/disappeared when I was repartitioning my laptop to dual-boot ubuntu and my account details can't be found so I can't re-enter my license information to restore the service.

I'm not buying it again, so I'm trying to set-up Filezilla instead, obviously because FlashFXP is now telling me that my trial has expired so I can't recover my settings from the interface, so can someone tell me how I will get my server details from FlashFXP so that I can grab them and get them set up in Filezilla instead please?
Old 05-02-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

please contact support with your registration information, full name, email address, account name, etc and we'll look up your license key.

http://www.flashfxp.com/contact.php
Old 05-02-2010, 03:46 PM   #3
orkibo
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I've tried that BigStar, my details couldn't be found apparently, and the emails seem to have dried up, the last reply was over 24hrs ago.

I've got work I need to get on with so the quickest thing will be for me to just switch to the free program and to transfer the details of the servers from FlashFXP to that if you can tell me how to grab them and where to grab them from.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #4
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

all if your site login info is stored in sites.dat, however it's not really user-readable. you'd need flashfxp to export or copy your data from.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:31 PM   #5
orkibo
FlashFXP Beta Tester

So basically there is no way of getting my site information other than paying for FlashFXP again?
Old 05-02-2010, 08:44 PM   #6
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

no, that's absolutely not true
you can reinstall flashfxp on another computer and get recover your sites there.

Last edited by MxxCon; 05-02-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:58 PM   #7
orkibo
FlashFXP Beta Tester

It's okay, I found a third-party app which allowed me to decrypt all my settings and import them into Filezilla.

So I'm done with FlashFXP, sadly, (I genuinely love the program, it's by far the best FTP/SFTP program that I have ever used, that's why I bought it), through a mixture of FlashFXP being unable to find me on their system, me not insisting on having my account/license updated when I legally changed my name and my lost login details which I never bothered recovering at the time as I thought the backed up flashfxp.key file would suffice, have cost me.

Lesson learned, from now on, all license emails will be duplicated to gmail AND yahoo AND livemail AND gmx.

Extremely annoyed that my details are not locatable in the FlashFXP database, but equally annoyed at myself for at some point losing my login details, (not that they'd actually work if I'm no longer in the system, but at least I'd have the email to prove I bought the thing).

Maybe they're away for the weekend and that's why they stopped replying to my emails, maybe they'll have another look when they get back and I'll get a positive response, but until then, que sera sera I guess.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:11 PM   #8
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

"they" as you put it is just bigstar. he's the developer, sales, customer service, tech support and everything else related to running flashfxp.
sometimes he can't answer emails the moment they arrive...
Old 05-02-2010, 10:13 PM   #9
orkibo
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Like I said, I'm equally annoyed with myself, it wasn't an attack.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:51 AM   #10
orkibo
FlashFXP Beta Tester

The license has been found! It was on the very last domain that I thought it would be on.

A huge, huge thank you to Bigstar. I really appreciate it.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:55 AM   #11
supernix
FlashFXP Registered User

I was going to say I have had FlashFXP for a really long time and I have worried that I would loose access to it as well after paying but luckily I have still been able to get my copy going again no matter how many upgrades/re-formats/Computer melt downs that I have had. I have been a customer since 2001 I just checked.
Closed Thread

Tags
details, filezilla, flashfxp, license, recover

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: