Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 10:35 AM   #1
ferny

Default Maintain Folder Structure in "Find Files On..."

Hello and as stated above I would like to know how to maintain the folder structure if I search for a file(s) on the remote FTP server using 'Tools->Find Files on FTP Server ...'.

Once I find the file(s), queue and transfer, the file(s) is copied to my local selected folder and not to their original folder location(s).

Problem is that if I need to quickly change all my instances of contactus.html files on my Apache server, and I use the "Find Files On FTP Server ...', all files are tranferred to my current local folder, instead to their original folder structure locations; not to mention the nightmare of replace and overwrites if you are talking of several hundred instances.

Any help on the current or advise on alternate methods will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Fernando
Old 02-27-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The best way to do this would be to create a selective transfer ruleset
Tools > Selective Transfer > Edit

Click the "New" button
Enter a name for the new rule. i.e. "transfer only contactus.html"

Under "File" add "contactus.html" and by default "include" is selected.

Click Save / Activate

Now navigate to the root of your website and the root on machine

Transfer the root of your website and only the files matching "contactus.html" will be downloaded.

Once you modify the "contactus.html" files locally you can apply the same technique to upload only the "contactus.html" files.

When you restart FlashFXP the <default> ruleset is used, to switch back to the "transfer only contactus.html" ruleset or switch back to <default>

Tools > Selective Transfer

or you click the down arrow on the right side of the "transfer queue" button on the toolbar to select it.
Closed Thread

Tags
files, folder, folder structure, ftp, server

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: