Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 04:15 AM   #1
Betfriends

Default 3.6.0 (build 1240) and Windows 7 Pro. Sites are not saved

Hi

I recently updated my laptop from Windows Vista Ult. to Win 7 Professional and reinstalled FlashFXP 3.6 Build 1240.

I backed up the program (including settings/sites) from my old computer using FlashFXP's built in backup/restore feature.

It worked perfect.. All settings and sites were moved as it should.
However, I been trying to add new sites to the site manager the last couple of days and it works as well, but all new sites are deleted from the site manager if I restart FlashFXP.

This is really annoying, since I have to add the sites each time I start the program.

Is this a common issue? I have been searching the forum for a while and I'm unable to find any information on this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 01-19-2010, 08:37 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

this is a known problem in vista and win7.
you either need to adjust permissions on your sites.dat file so allow your user account to write to it or reinstall flashfxp so that your sites.dat is located in your user profile dir, and not program files dir.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:45 AM   #3
Betfriends

Okay.. thanks for the info.
I have looked both in c:\users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\FlashFXP as well as c:\program files(x86)\FlashFXP\ and I cannot find the sites.dat file.

So where is this file located?

Thanks,
Old 01-19-2010, 08:51 AM   #4
Betfriends

I have located the file, but don't know how to reach it. If I open my text editor (Editplus) as Administrator I can browse to c:\users\all users\flashfxp and see the file there. But I haven't figured out how to browse to the same folder using windows explorer, when I do, I can't see the folder "All users".

I can see both hidden files/folders as well as system files.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:55 AM   #5
Betfriends

I solved it, I could use the command "Shell open" in Editplus, to open the folder in Windows Explorer. Now I'm able to save sites again, beautiful!

On more question, do I need to set the same permission on the whole FlashFXP folder, or is it enough to set permissions to sites.dat?
Old 01-19-2010, 09:14 AM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Copy and paste the path into the search bar on the start menu and it will open a windows explorer browser in that location.

The correct solution is to re-install FlashFXP, The installer will set the permissions correctly 99% of the time, there are some situations where it fails and usually running the installer again will remedy the problem, if it doesn't solve it we have a special program to fix up the permissions.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:31 AM   #7
Betfriends

Okay, but in my case I did install the software on the new laptop, and used to restore function to restore my old data.

So I don't see the point of reinstalling?
Old 01-19-2010, 12:18 PM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

the installer will fix the file permissions.
Closed Thread

Tags
flashfxp, manager, program, site, sites

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: