Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 02:30 AM   #1
highrise

Default File duplication instead of overwrite

Hi. I have been a big fan of FlashFXP for years and have finally had a dilemna and I'm stuck! Hopefully, one of the guru's here can shed some light on this. I upgraded my Vb site and when I uploaded the 1289 files it put a (1) next to every file that was a duplicate! I need to elimate this "possibly by a command in flash?" and re up the files so they overwrite the old ones. I can't delete the folders and start over because many files were not affected by this.....so I am currently stumped! Thanks for any input you guys have in this.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:12 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Under the tools menu do a FTP file search and search for (1) and then you can find just these files and delete them.

Also it sounds like your file transfer rule is set to rename and instead of resume.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:43 AM   #3
highrise

thanks. ok...I have 1416 files, but, how do I select them all? It will only let me select one at a time.

Last edited by highrise; 01-17-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:18 PM   #4
highrise

Ok, all deleted. I found file exists rules, that will auto resume, overwrite etc, when connection lost. But nothing about rename, overwright option. I tried with a test file and it duplicates again with a (1) again. Hmmm. Thanks for your help here guys.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:57 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

What version/build of FlashFXP are you using?

If you're using the v3.8 beta then you'll need to use the v3.6 stable to resolve this issue.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:52 PM   #6
highrise

SUPER! Upgraded from 3.3.5 beta to 3.6 and all is well in flash-land! As soon as I hit transfer it asked if I want it to overwrite, and the rest is history. Thanks bigstar,
Sincerely, a FlashFXP lifer.
Closed Thread

Tags
file, files, flash, flashfxp, overwrite

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: