Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 10:45 AM   #1
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Default [Coming Soon] FlashFXP Feature List & Developer Notes

The next version of FlashFXP will include the following features.

Enjoy some bonus notes directly from the developer.

June 17th 2009

• SFTP Support.
It was a real challenge to integrate the SFTP protocol into FlashFXP, it was worth all the hard work. I am very pleased that we were able to support SFTP.

• Windows task scheduler integration providing seamless scheduling of transfer queues.
The new task scheduler is simply amazing, This feature is still under development and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

• Improved logging system.
Just last week I completed the new log system, its extremely flexible and much improved over the old system. You can optionally separate transfer sessions into individual log files. I've had many requests for the ability to log just file transfers and now you can do it.

• Improved file transfer rule system.
I know the FlashFXP community has been wanting this for a very long time. There were a lot of reasons I held off on making the change, I admit, I regret them now. The new system blows me away, its extremely flexible. I can schedule a mirroring queue and transfer modified files based on size & date and know that every file that needed to be transferred was transferred and bandwidth was saved by not transferring unchanged files.

• Improved Preference dialog user interface.
This was a task I dreaded but I am glad its finally done. The preference dialog evolved over the past couple years with new options being added here or there or where ever they might fit. Similar options weren't grouped together and trying to find an option was sometimes a nightmare, its bad when the developer forgets where an option is. The number of options provided by FlashFXP is simply unbelievable. The preference dialog contains 100+ settings to personalize your FlashFXP experience. Is it too many, or is it not enough..

• Extended tooltip window
For someone who performs long transfers this new window is the next best thing since sliced bread. Mouse over the FlashFXP tray icon to see a beautiful hint window with all of the transfer information. This is a huge time saver and increases productivity, well unless your me and waste your time admiring it.

• Customizable toolbar buttons and backgrounds
Oh the eye candy is amazing, I can't wait to see some user created artwork. My good friend Filipe Oliveira designed two new button styles and a few backgrounds.

Using Tango buttons and Eclipse background.

FlashFXP Window

June 18th 2009

• Improved Remote Edit, now with automatic uploading
As someone who never did much remote editing until recently I really missed the mark on the original design, it was lacking automation. The new remote edit detects modification and automatically uploads the file, but wait there's more, you can edit multiple files in multiple locations on the server. This is great for when you need to edit files that relate to each other, editing one or the other with complete automation. There's also a new advanced transfer feature on the local browser that lets you "edit & upload", for when your working with a local copy that needs to be uploaded on modification. As you can see from the screen shot below you can turn off the auto upload and manually upload if necessary. Sometimes you'll be working with a file and close your editor, the ReEdit command allows you to reopen the file back in your editor.

Active Edits Window

This thread will be updated as new information becomes available.

Last edited by bigstar; 06-18-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Some of the changes are small but make a huge impact.

Here's some of the smaller changes.

Now when auto column sizing is enabled if the remote server doesn't provide information such as owner, group, or attributes these columns are now automatically hidden. The moment you connect to a site that provides this information the columns reappear. Of course you still have full control over which columns are shown, if these columns are unchecked they'll remain hidden.

The queue remaining time has been updated to take latency into consideration as well as the current number of folders and files in the queue resulting in a better estimation, and it sure beats seeing ??:??.

The stop and restart stalled transfer option has been changed to accept a value in seconds, previously this value was based in minutes and the lowest value was a 1 minute, the limit is now 10 seconds.

The "allow local browsing during download" option has been eliminated and the behavior of FlashFXP changed so that browsing is now allowed during upload or download and by leaving the current folder you allow manual navigation without being switched to the local folder being transferred, switching to the current folder of the file being transferred allows flashfxp to pick back up and switch from manual navigation to automatic.

There's a new option to allow cached folders to automatically expire after a set amount of time.

The connection character encoding can not be set globally, This provides greater usability for users who have more servers of a specific type, or always want to force a specific the mode.

The queue list double click action now allows for going to both the target and source folder in one click. As someone who does this often its been a huge time saver.

You can now change the text, the background, and the offline background colors of the file listing.

The information bar (the area below the file listing) is now a gradient and you can customize the normal and active colors.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

July 14, 2009

* Renamed File Exist Rules menu entry to File Transfer Rules.

* Added New File Exist Rules Option "Request file size/date prior to transfer" for servers that support MLSD and their content doesn't update often. The size & date from the directory listing is used. Unchecking this option can give a speed increase provided you can achieve the desired results.

* Re-factored and replaced some internal text routines for an increased performance. This is most noticeable during directory listing and navigation.

* I've completed the task scheduler. In my opinion the scheduler is extremely robust, if FlashFXP crashes during a scheduled task then FlashFXP will automatically restart after 60 seconds and attempt the scheduled task again.

* Added file list right click "New File" feature to create a new local / remote file, the file is created and then open in the default application for that file type. The remote file created locally and then uploaded on edit using the remote editing behavior.

* Major changes to the Site Manager UI and some new features.
* The list command is now a drop down box, allowing the following selection, (auto detect), LIST, MLSD, STST -al.
* The character encoding now has a new "use global setting" selection.
* New Copy URL fields so you can copy a file url link as http://
* Selecting a group now allows you to reset the selected group totals.

I still have a few things to work out in the Site Manager, I'm debating a per site skip list.

* The queue has been adapted so that you can synchronize One Way or One Way w/ Delete, which would delete orphan files on the destination that don't exist on the source.

* In addition to defining selective transfer rules per scheduled task, you can also define them per queue item. So that different queue items within the queue can also have specific rules. This provides tons of flexibility.

* The error handling component has been updated to provide improved bug reports that will aid in fixing any issues that may come up.

... I'm sure there's more but right now I'm drawing a blank.

July 24, 2009

* Major overhaul of the Skip List, The new skiplist allows you to define a scope to apply the file pattern to. For example you can separately match the a file name, a folder name, a file path, a folder path.

This allows much more flexibility so you can skip a folder named ABC but allow a file named ABC. or skip all files/folders in a specific area. This makes it extremely easy to skip .svn folders.

The skiplist now consists of global and per site skiplists. This allows for much more flexibility. At one point "selective transfer rules" were used for this but now you can set it and forget it with personalized skip lists.

* Updated SFTP engine.

* Transformed a few more dialogs to the new interface style.

* Updated the background toolbar image list to include 43 different background designs.

* Many performance optimizations. Compared to 3.6 final the new version feels like I upgraded my computer hardware. Everything seems faster.

* Added new navigation button to toggle the treeview visibility, this button is now the left most button.

* Compared the Site Manager dialog improvements.

* I think the only thing we're missing now is user defined shortcut editor. How many of you would like to see this in the next release? I was going to wait, but if you can convince me....maybe

What else should I add into the next release? let me know.....

Last edited by bigstar; 07-24-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:58 PM   #4
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

nice nice... dont forget fellas follow ffxp on twitter @ http://twitter.com/flashfxp for more updates lets get the party going the new FFXP looks and works a treat. Good work to bigstar and your Friend make a good team. lol dont forget a few snaps at the preferences dialogue... cof!!!
Old 07-09-2009, 12:16 AM   #5
Branchus
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

good job

couldn't wait

how soon will it be?

thanks
Old 07-09-2009, 12:32 AM   #6
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Well it needs quite a lot of work still this is a major release with tons of improvements, more features and code optimization to mention a few... Good things come to those who wait... you guys wont be disapointed.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:12 AM   #7
5free
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
• Windows task scheduler integration providing seamless scheduling of transfer queues.
The new task scheduler is simply amazing, This feature is still under development and I'm enjoying every minute of it.
waiting for this !
FTPRush 1.1.2.19 (UNICODE, 2008-02-29 08:59) Licensed
http://www.davidrobot.com/
Old 07-14-2009, 02:56 PM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Latest Updates
Old 07-24-2009, 01:49 PM   #9
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

July 24, 2009

* Major overhaul of the Skip List, The new skiplist allows you to define a scope to apply the file pattern to. For example you can separately match the a file name, a folder name, a file path, a folder path.

This allows much more flexibility so you can skip a folder named ABC but allow a file named ABC. or skip all files/folders in a specific area. This makes it extremely easy to skip .svn folders.

The skiplist now consists of global and per site skiplists. This allows for much more flexibility. At one point "selective transfer rules" were used for this but now you can set it and forget it with personalized skip lists.

* Updated SFTP engine.

* Transformed a few more dialogs to the new interface style.

* Updated the background toolbar image list to include 43 different background designs.

* Many performance optimizations. Compared to 3.6 final the new version feels like I upgraded my computer hardware. Everything seems faster.

* Added new navigation button to toggle the treeview visibility, this button is now the left most button.

* Compared the Site Manager dialog improvements.

* I think the only thing we're missing now is user defined shortcut editor. How many of you would like to see this in the next release? I was going to wait, but if you can convince me....maybe

What else should I add into the next release? let me know.....
Old 07-27-2009, 01:37 PM   #10
Oldbunny
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Thumbs up

BIgstar - I really love the new improvements as the very nice appearance in bright colors the whole layouts of FlashFXP!
It looks like a brand new product on the line!

This is a heluva great job you did!
Old 08-06-2009, 02:25 AM   #11
hotsnow
FlashFXP Beta Tester

wait for new release
Old 08-06-2009, 05:02 AM   #12
lumierestudios
FlashFXP Registered User

Hello, please can you make a Portable and a U3 version of the Beta release?

Thank you
Old 08-06-2009, 10:02 AM   #13
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The portable and u3 versions wont be ready until the final is released. Since they require an updated installer.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #14
info_60
FlashFXP Registered User

Is there a chance we will see FlashFXP 4 Final (Retail) this year ?
Old 08-17-2009, 08:50 AM   #15
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Yes, I will post an exclusive beta to registered users within the next couple weeks.

I ran into a few bumps with the integrated translation editor and I need to find a php/mysql coder who can do some back end work for me. I can probably do it myself but lately I've extremely busy and I don't know when I'll find time.
Closed Thread

Tags
file, flashfxp, sftp, transfer, upload

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: