Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 05:01 AM   #1
CandyHe

Default uploading problem.

FTP Client: Flashfxp V3.6.0 Build 1240
FTP Server: Serv-U V6.4

Problem on upload:
If using Socks5 proxy on Flashfxp either in PASV or PORT transfer mode,no data will be uploaded.Flashfxp will freeze at "150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for xxxx" and upload rate remains at 0.0 KB/S til timeout.

At first,I was wondering if it's socks5 proxy problem,but tested on 2 different type of socks5 server(socks5 server built from different software) and had the same result.Then I downloaded smartftp and cuteftp pro for test,they both worked well on uploading to serv-u server with socks5 proxy.

I then switched the ftp server to pure-ftpd;flashfxp worked fine on PASV mode uploading with socks5 proxy,but failed on PORT mode.Cuteftp pro and smart ftp worked normal on pure-ftpd with socks5 proxy.

Without socks5 proxy,flashfxp works fine on both ftp server.

Conclusion:
Flashfxp V3.6.0 is kind of incompatible with Serv-U as using socks5 proxy for data uploading,and also having problem with other ftp server using socks5 proxy alone with PORT mode data uploading.
Closed Thread

Tags
flashfxp, ftp, server, socks5, upload

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: