Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 06:26 AM   #1
m69bv3

Default How to launch third party script with arguments from sounds events

Hello,

I notice that is possible to launch a bat file from sounds events.

But how can i launch a bat file with arguments from sounds events?

And is there any variable arguments like "%f" for "[run]" in the ini file?

My goal is to launch a script on file transfert error.

Thank's for u'r time and sorry for my english
Old 05-22-2008, 06:04 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

bat support was added as an after thought and a per-user request and arugments wasn't necessary for that situation.

We could add support for them, If you're a registered user I can provide you with beta releases to test these changes otherwise you'd need to wait until we start up public beta testing again.

Perhaps even instead of making it part of the sound events, perhaps its time to branch it off and have actual events that are triggered on transfer failure/success. My only concern with this is that it would be a global setting and it may not be necessary to have these events for every ftp site.

If we could get more input and feedback on this type of feature I would do my best to see that it gets added into the next release.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:28 AM   #3
m69bv3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
bat support was added as an after thought and a per-user request and arugments wasn't necessary for that situation.

We could add support for them, If you're a registered user I can provide you with beta releases to test these changes otherwise you'd need to wait until we start up public beta testing again.

Perhaps even instead of making it part of the sound events, perhaps its time to branch it off and have actual events that are triggered on transfer failure/success. My only concern with this is that it would be a global setting and it may not be necessary to have these events for every ftp site.

If we could get more input and feedback on this type of feature I would do my best to see that it gets added into the next release.
Hi,

Thank u for the quick feedback.

Nowadays i have written a sfv/unrar check based on "downloaded" event, it's very helpful but limited.

I think a full events management would be a great asset.

Like:
  • On item download begin
  • On item download end
  • On item download error
  • On file download begin
  • On file download end

Any events could provide many arguments
  • file path
  • Source directory
  • Queue Name
  • Size
  • Source ftp site

For the problem of unneeded triggerred events for all ftp site, user could filter events with source ftp site argument.

Thank u for considering this.
I'm testing FlashFxp and with these features i will be considering purchase it.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:33 AM   #4
FTPServerTools
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

That would be interesting indeed. And assuming it runs as a seperate subprocess it wont even hold flash. It'd be easy to implement.
Closed Thread

Tags
arguments, events, file, launch, sounds

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: