Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 04:06 AM   #1
mhphss
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default Can't restore backup - Permission denied

Hello,
When I'm attempting to restore a FlashFXP backup using Tools>Backup/Restore Configuration, I'm getting the following error message:
Unable to restore Backup, File Error Permission Denied.
Please check the file permissions and try again.
Is there some solution available?
Thanks in advance!
My details:
FlashFXP Version 3.5.3 Build 1220
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit (Fully updated)
Security software:Windows Live OneCare
Please feel free to ask any other details!
Old 01-02-2008, 04:17 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

This problem occurs because your user account doesn't have write permission to the data files. You either need to give your user account the proper file permissions or re-install FlashFXP and select a location for the data files where your user account has the proper file permissions.

This problem occurs more often than not when you've used a previous FlashFXP beta installer that let you install FlashFXP with default settings that were not vista friendly.

When installing FlashFXP you need to make sure that your data folder has read and write access. The best way to know this is to set your data folder to the recommended windows location, the user application data folder.

The following thread has an demo video showing how to install FlashFXP and make sure it's storing the data files in your application data folder.

http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12958

You can check the location of your FlashFXP data folder from Within FlashFXP, from the menu > Help > About > Details tab
Old 01-02-2008, 04:57 AM   #3
mhphss
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Thanks for your quick response!
I've tried to follow the video, But the "Use the Default All-User Data Settings Location" option wasn't available.
So I've just wrote C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\FlashFXP in the field and were able to restore backup after the installation.
You may find your application data directory by typing %appdata% in any windows-explorer window's address bar.
Thank you!
Closed Thread

Tags
backup, details, file, flashfxp, restore

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: