Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 08:03 AM   #1
mwjayd

Default Advise

I hope this isn't out of line asking for advise here I am a user of the FlashFXP and love it by the way ..
I need someone to point me in the right direction please... I have been learning the wonderful world of hosting websites . I have 4 accounts at the moment ,last week for some reason all my sites went down due to all of the php.script files came up missing ..I got with the hosting company and tried to hash out what may have happend but came up with nothing .. So my sites were put back online from the back up data that the hosting company has .. Now Thursday a friend sent me an e-mail with some alarming text in it, stating that one of the EX- Administrators claims to have a backdoor thru the FTP ..Here is the email '' quote I have a back door to both the FTP and the website that I put in place so I would not lock myself out again. Not that it means anything at all, I just thought you should know. '' I have changed every password to anything that I have but what I would like to know is can he still have access to my sites Via FTP ? Thanks for your Help
Old 10-21-2007, 03:13 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

well it depends on what kind of backdoor access he had..it was probably more than just your account/password. it was probably administrative user.
you should contact your hosting provider and discuss it with them. or if you don't feel secure them perhaps you should look for another provider.

Tags
back, flashfxp, ftp, hosting, sites

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: