Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:43 AM   #1
Blaffer

Default How to change to a dir in a different root

Hi everybody,

I'm connecting to an FTP server which has different directories on different drives included in my FTP user's account domain.

For example, I could have included C:\ABC as well as D:\XYZ, and make the second one the FTP home dir. I use Filezilla as FTP server.

Now when I connect I start in D:\XYZ, which shows as \ in the FlashFXP client. But I can't seem to be able to change the directory to the other folder (C:\ABC), even though I have the permissions to access it: I just down't know how to switch to it, as it is not located within the FTP root so I can't get there using the folder up command or by typing the full path. Also, I don't know how to tell FlashFXP that the folder I want to switch to is located on a different drive.

I tried different ways of writing the file path down, e.g. C:/ABC, ../C:/ABC, C/ABC, but nothing works. I also tried to create a shortcut to the folder on C inside of the FTP root dir, but that just shows up as a transferable .lnk file, not an active shortcut.

How can can I switch to a different folder on a different drive in the FLashFXP client? Or is this something that has to be changed on the server?

Thanks
Old 10-16-2007, 06:00 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

This might be a simply FTP server configuration error, I don't really know much about this specific ftp server. However some FTP servers allow you to restrict access to the root folder and sub folders.

Otherwise you should be able to access depending on the FTP server using DOS or UNIX style formatting the path could be C:\ABC or C:/ABC or some other combination.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:37 PM   #3
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

it is definitely ftp server config issue. if your dirs are not properly mapped, there is no way flashfxp or any other ftp client to get to them.
you'll have to:
make D:\XYZ as \ (root), and then map C:\ABC as \ABC\
or
make one empty virtual \ (root) and then map D:\XYZ and C:\ABC under that virtual root however you want.

tho i don't know if filezilla allows you to do that or specific steps.
i use zFTPServer and this image shows how i map both of my drives.
Attached Thumbnails
How to change to a dir in a different root-clipboard01-png  

Tags
dir, flashfxp, folder, ftp, root

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: