Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 02:02 PM   #1
Proxima Centauri

Talking File Exist Options: by date or CaSe

Is there an option in FlashFXP, as there is in the ever so annoying filezilla, to set conditions to overwrite (or not) files based on modification time? I've found the size conditions, but those are woefully insufficient.

Is there an option or way to handle downloading the two files from a linux system to a Windoze XP system:

AppleS.txt
apples.txt

And retain copies of both on XP? I realize XP considers them to be the same file name, but I do have a legitimate need to have mixed case names- and all lowercase names for a few files. Perhaps an option to zip each successive instance of "same name" in XP's view as such

apple.case1.zip
apple.case2.zip
apple.caseN.zip

and such a way or maybe a more arcane filenaming convention such that FlashFXP with unzip and upload only the contents of said zip file CaSe sets?

cheers

Last edited by Proxima Centauri; 09-16-2007 at 02:03 PM. Reason: noticing squiggly red underlines onClicking submit... needed a legitimate spelling of legitimate
Old 09-17-2007, 09:51 AM   #2
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Something like an 'auto rename' option in file exists rules would probably be the best solution to the case sensitive filenames. This option is availible in another fxp client, and although very annoying that its on by default, works fairly well by simply appending (number) to the filename (preserving source casing)... eg AppleS.txt would save, then apples.txt would save as apples (1).txt

I think the modification time rules have been suggested before (obviously would only work properly when the 'keep source file time' option is enabled).

Not quite sure if or how both of those options could work together though.

I think the use of a zipping utility is a bad idea.
Closed Thread

Tags
file, files, flashfxp, option, upload

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: