Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 09:56 PM   #1
Mace68
FlashFXP Registered User

Unhappy Upload speed limited

* FlashFXP v3.4.0. build 1145, [X]registered, [ ]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [ ] WinXP, [ ] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [X] Other
* Running behind NAT/router [X] Yes & Model [SME Server 7], [ ] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running firewall [X] Yes, Name [Kaspersky IS], Ver. [6], or [ ] No
* Running Antivirus [X] Yes, Name [Kaspersky IS] or [ ] No
* Network [X] xDSL, [ ] CABLE, [ ] Dail-Up, [ ] Other
------------------------------------------
Hello, love your product, been using it for years.

I am having an issue though.

I can seem to download at top speed but my upload seems to be locked at 512kbps max. I downloaded a trial of WS-FTP and it uploads at my max speed just fine without any apparent speed limit, so i don't think it's my network setup. It only happens with FlashFXP. I've searched the forum but haven't found a solution that has made a difference yet.

Thanks for any help you can give me on resolving this issue.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:39 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

It's possible that the TCP/IP buffer size set in FlashFXP isn't optimal and this can degrade performance.. You can adjust this via Options > Preferences > Connection > TCP/IP buffer size.

I would recommend trying "(default)" first if it's not already set and then moving on to other values to see what work best for you.
(You must not be connected to any ftp sites when you change this setting, otherwise it wont take effect until you restart FlashFXP).

Also switching between Active mode and Passive mode can sometimes improve performance. This can be set either per-site or globally, look for the option "Use Passive Mode".
Old 05-10-2007, 01:31 AM   #3
Mace68
FlashFXP Registered User

Yeah, those potential solutions were some of the ones i did find when searching the forum. Unfortunately they had no effect. Do you think a complete removal and re-install of FlashFXP would help? I've been installing into the same old dir for years lol.

Thanks.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:39 AM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The above mentioned settings are the only ones that can degrade performance if incorrectly set.

You could always backup your FlashFXP folder and then delete or rename the flashfxp.ini and test it out. All major settings are stored in the flashfxp.ini so it's the only file you need to delete.
Closed Thread

Tags
download, flashfxp, speed, upload, [x]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: