Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 07:23 PM   #1
dink-puller
ioFTPD Foundation User

Default FlashFXP caches host/IP for PASV Xfers...GRRR!

I don't see any options for this. Recently I found that when a server's IP changes, even flushing the Windows dns cache and reconnecting will not change the IP FlashFXP uses for pasv transfers, unless the "use site ip for pasv xfers" box is checked. Is this by design? Seems like if the ip of the server's command port changes, client should try to update it's cache of the transfer IP too no?
Old 02-19-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Are you sure you mean checked and not unchecked?

If "Use site ip for passive mode connections" is unchecked the IP address returned from the PASV reply will be used unless it is determined to be local network address, in which case the server ip is used.

Now if this option is checked the server ip is always used. If the site address is a host name, this host will be resolved each time and update for each pasv request.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:43 PM   #3
dink-puller
ioFTPD Foundation User

I looked at the status log again, I see now FlashFXP did indeed use the IP returned by the server which was incorrect, probably due to a server misconfig on my part. The server was supposed to return "227 Entering Passive Mode (hostname,27,92)" but instead it returned a cached IP, not sure why yet as it's supposed to bind a hostname, but it's evidently not a FlashFXP issue, sorry for the confusion, subsequently I found my answer in the ioFTPD help docs.

Last edited by dink-puller; 02-19-2007 at 10:16 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
cache, flashfxp, pasv, servers, xfers

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: