Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2007, 05:33 AM   #1
rco133
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default Disabling of hidden SIZE command please.

Hi.

In the thread "FlashFXP takes LONG to skip files in FXP mode" in General forum it is mentioned that FFXP sends a hidden SIZE command for every file it tries to transfer.

It is also mentioned that there might be a change to making it optional, so one can turn it on and off.

I have just checked the latest version of FFXP and unfortunately it is still not possible to disable it.

Maybe it is just me using FFXP in a weird way, but when I tell it to skip files in FXP mode, I don't care if the size is the same or if the file is even there. If the directory tree says it is there I would just like it to skip it without further notice.

Now, why is this such a big deal. Well, if you have a directory with lets say 150 files and they are all in both pannels. Then with the SIZE command for each file, it takes like 15-20 seconds to get through the entire list of files (maybe even longer). Without the SIZE command it just takes 1-2 seconds and its done.

Would you please reconsider to make the sending of the SIZE command optional for the user to choose.

Thanks in advance.

rco133

Tags
command, files, flashfxp, fxp, size