Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 07:14 PM   #1
d_freedom
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Fedora Core 5 FlashFXP v2.1 in Wine not WIneX

I have all my sites working nicely all using SSL Authorization. I have one site that does not connect and noticed it is a high port unlike the others and want to know if this could be the reason why?

I can connect to this site no problem in windows. In FC5 using wine and flashFXP v2.1 it never connects , its like the Server does not even exsist which I know the IP is correct but for some reason I feel the port is just not working correctly in FC5.

Not sure if its a Linux or FC5 with SSL and higher port number issue or not?

The port number is 34986.

I tried to set up allowing that port in FC5 firewall in the allow ports section and also in my router Linux BFSR41. Still does not work.

SOmething with the higher port and SSL and wine and FC5.

I also installed Vmware for linux and installed windows XP and FLashFXP and the same thing happens in there. I know for sure its something to do with FC5 or linux in general and higher Port ranges. But what is it I have no idea. I post this thread here to see if anyone else using FC5 and FLashFXP v2.1 in WIne also has an issue connecting to any sites with very high ports using SSL authorization.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Last edited by d_freedom; 10-16-2006 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:30 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

can you connect to that ftp using some linux native ftp app?
is it only when it comes to high port AND ssl or any high port site regardless of ssl?
Old 10-16-2006, 08:44 PM   #3
d_freedom
FlashFXP Registered User

Even native linux FTP clients that supports SSL , same problem. I think I may have figured it out maybe? I know this site is very particular to Ident and even though I have Ident enabled in FlashFXP it sometimes does not work as well as like TIny Ident which is a nice little Ident Server for windows. I tried to install that in wine and it does not run.

I will do a few things. I will create a new user login in Fedora with the exact login name as my Ident name that I have set for the ident in flashFXP and also try VMware again with Tiny Ident this time. I am about 75% sure that is why its not connecting.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:48 AM   #4
Hetfield
FlashFXP Scripter

Why not using the native oidentd?
Old 11-02-2006, 09:15 PM   #5
terrie
FlashFXP Registered User

Why not use gFTP instead?

use Wine to emulate win32 program is not a good idea i think...
Closed Thread

Tags
fc5, flashfxp, port, ssl, wine

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: