Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 08:25 AM   #1
Sonic88

Default Speed issue

Hi!.

I´m having some problem here with Flashfxp [Unregistered] speeds. When i upload and download i just can´t get good speed . I have always thought that it was my connection that had problems because i have BBB 100/10mbit [Sweden] and have heard that they have problems with bad routing[?], but when i installed raidenftpd on the same computer as Flashfxp and tried to FXP to myself, then i got MUCH higher speeds. Tried from differend ftp´s and the results is always the same. Have even tried different versions of flahfxp, but no difference.

Is it because i haven´t registered my version of flashfxp?, is the speed capped in unregistered? If yes, then ill register as soon as possible, but if the speed issue is the same in Registered i will try another FTP client and see if that helps.

* FlashFXP v[3].[4], , build [1145], [ ]registered, [x]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [x] WinXP, [ ] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [ ] Other
* Running behind NAT/router [ ] Yes & Model [ ], [x ] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running firewall [x] Yes, Name [Norton Internet Security 2005 ], Ver. [ ], or [ ] No
* Running Antivirus [ x] Yes, Name [Norton Anti Virus ] or [ ] No
* Network [ ] xDSL, [x] CABLE, [ ] Dail-Up, [ ] Other

/Sonic88

Last edited by Sonic88; 09-10-2006 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:45 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The trial version doesn't cap your transfer speeds.

I would recommend switching your "use passive mode" setting either by checking or unchecking it. Sometimes one way will give you faster speeds than the other.

It's also possible that Norton Internet Security is causing your slow performance, unfortunitely disabling the firewall doesn't completely turn it off and the only way to know for sure is to uninstall it. If you decide to go this route, use caution when connecting a computer without a firewall to the internet.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:19 AM   #3
Sonic88

Ok, thnx for reply.

Wouldn´t norton do the same when i fxp to my raiden server?. I will try u´r suggestions and see if it works better. I can also try Flashfxp on my laptop here with a newly installed windows xp without firewall and see if it also has a speed problem.

Thnx once again for u´r support

/Sonic88
Closed Thread

Tags
download, flashfxp, ftp, fxp, upload

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: