Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 08:33 PM   #1
TypeSlow
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Slow Transfer Speeds?

* FlashFXP v[ 3].[4 ], build [ 1145], [X]registered, [ ]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [X ] WinXP, [ ] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [ ] Other
* Running behind NAT/router [ X] Yes & Model [WRT54g ], [ ] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running firewall [ ] Yes, Name [ ], Ver. [ ], or [ x] No
* Running Antivirus [ ] Yes, Name [ ] or [ x] No
* Network [ x] xDSL, [ ] CABLE, [ ] Dail-Up, [ ] Other

I am using flash fxp for a very basic purpose. I am transferring large files to my website. So i'm not the most skilled when it comes to things such as ftp and such so please bear with me. In layman terms i know for a fact that a few months ago i was able to transfer files to my website (yahoo servers) at a solid 40kbps using bellsouth dsl. These days though i'm lucky to get something in the 20kbps range. I have not changed any equipment or settings as far as i know, and i am using a wireless router but a wired connection to my internal NIC. I have messed with the Full and half duplex settings in the advaced tab of my NIC as well with no better results.

I've also networked another pc through flashfxp and sending files through that used to vary in speeds of about 8-10mbps. Now it barely reaches 1mb and hangs around 8-900kbps. So this is not only a WAN but a LAN problem as well.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sid
Old 08-31-2006, 04:36 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Are you using a custom firmware with your WRT54g? Have you updated the firmware recently?

If possible as a test you might try bypassing the router and see if the speed is any better.
Closed Thread

Tags
files, flashfxp, ftp, fxp, running

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: