Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 03:58 AM   #1
HoWheels

Default Problems with FXP behind D-Link Router

I'm attempting to do Server-to-Server FXP transfers (to and from the same server), and I am having limited success with FlashFXP from my home PC behind a D-Link DI-614+ Router.

My initial thought was that perhaps my FTP server (my web hosting company) didn't support FXP, however, their documentation says that they do.

So I fired up FlashFXP on my work computer (which is not behind a D-Link router), and it works like a charm.

I did some googling, and I found the suggestion to add the line, "FxpNatTrick=1" to the FlashFXP.ini file. Surprisingly enough, it worked right on my first try copying a file from 1 directory to another.

I tried queuing up a list of files, and it failed. FlashFXP would copy 1 or 2 files successfully, then the server would disconnect, with "Connection lost" and "Transfer Failed" lines in the FlashFXP log. There was nothing particularly interesting in the log that indicated any other sort of error. FlashFXP would reconnect to the disconnected server, and attempt to transfer again, failing.

After trying it a few times, I could find no real pattern, but it would always fail after at most 3 successfully transferred files, but most of the time failing without transferring a single file.

Is there anything else I can do besides chucking my router in the trash?

Coincidentally, I tried the same experiment between 2 local FTP servers, both behind the D-Link router, both running FileZilla, and had exactly the same results.

* FlashFXP v[3 ].[4 ], build [1145 ], [X ]registered, [ ]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [X ] WinXP, [ ] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [ ] Other
* Running behind NAT/router [X ] Yes & Model [D-Link DI-614+ ], [ ] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running firewall [X ] Yes, Name [Windows Firewall ], Ver. [ ], or [ ] No
* Running Antivirus [X ] Yes, Name [AVG Free ] or [ ] No
* Network [ ] xDSL, [X ] CABLE, [ ] Dail-Up, [ ] Other

-a
Old 07-28-2006, 01:02 AM   #2
HoWheels

After doing some more testing, I'm not so sure the culprit is the router. I'm beginning to think it may be my onboard NIC. I have an ASUS A2N32-SLI Deluxe mobo with NVidia 590 chipset. I first discovered that the NIC drivers were out-of-date, and installed the updated NVidia chipset driver package. I fired up FlashFXP, and to my surprise, I was able to trasnfer a good number of files successfully. It seemed too good to be true! So I tried it a few more times just to be sure ..... and !@#!@#!@# Same as before! The transfer stops for no good reason, and I get "Transfer Failed" and "Connection lost"errors.

Also I've tried putting myself in the DMZ on the router, and it made absolutely no difference.

-a
Old 07-28-2006, 10:48 AM   #3
HoWheels

Great news, it's finally working!
Turns out after updating my NVidia NForce drivers, I needed to uninstall the NVidia Network Access Manager. I had uninstalled it when I was running the old version of the drivers (58.x.x.x) because it was causing my BitTorrent client to crash all the time.

So in case anyone stumbles across this page, I hope this helps (especially since it took me 3 days to figure out)! Update your NVidia NIC drivers to version 60.1.5.0 (or later), and make sure Network Access Manager is not installed. And make sure FxpNatTrick=1 is added to FlashFXP.ini.

Oh, and it seems like I need FxpNatTrick=1 to be in there regardless if my IP is in the DMZ or not on my router, so this may again be a limitation of the NIC.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:16 AM   #4
Linkster
Administrator

good to hear. we should add this to the FAQ
Closed Thread

Tags
flashfxp, ftp, fxp, router, running

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: