Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 01:43 AM   #1
tanel

Default Is it possible NOT TO hide the directory listing when FFXP disconnects?!

* FlashFXP 3.20, build 1080, registered
* Running behind NAT/router: No
* Running firewall: Yes
* Running Antivirus: Yes
* Network: xDSL

Okay, this thing is driving me nuts! Is there any way NOT TO hide the directory listing of a remote site, when FlashFXP loses the connection?

I connect to a site, and start browsing the directory listing and when the connection is lost, so is the directory listing!! And I have to reconnect just to see it again. This is so stupid. I'm willing to use SmartFTP or any other FTP/FXP client just for this thing alone. It really gets on my nerves when I calmly browse the directory listing and then BAM, everything is lost. I don't care if I lose the connection to the server, I just want to browse the directory listing, so I can queue up some files to transfer later.

Truely sorry for the crude language, but I'm just so annoyed at the moment. I'll edit my post after I get the answer. FlashFXP seems like a really nice application, and I'd hate to dump it because of this bug.

Regards,
tanel

/Edit: Removed the potentially offensive content.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:51 AM   #2
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

Then you should try the latest public beta of FlashFXP 3.4 (beta 6 at the moment). This version caches directories. But... no, you can't browse directories you've never listed before once you're disconnected. I seriously doubt any ftp client can do that. It works pretty well for directories you've already browsed though.

PS: Now you can be really sorry for the bad language
Btw, while you're at it, mail support@inicom.net and ask them to link your board account to your customer portal account. You appear like an unregistered user right now.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:04 AM   #3
tanel

Thanks for the reply, but DAMN, can't anyone understand me? Okay, I'll make it plain and simple... step-by-step:

1. I start FlashFXP
2. I connect to a public FTP server (that auto-kicks everyone who is idle for more than 30 seconds for example)
3. The directory listing is loaded.
4. After some time a timeout occurs and I lose connection to the server (which is perfectly normal in this case, because I was idle).
Old 05-01-2006, 03:13 AM   #4
tanel

Thanks for the reply, but damn, why can't anyone understand me... Okay, I'll make it plain and simple, step-by-step:

1. I start FlashFXP.
2. I connect to a public FTP server (that auto-kicks everyone who is idle for more than 30 seconds for example).
3. The directory listing is loaded.
4. After some time a timeout occurs and I lose connection to the server (which is perfectly normal in this case, because I was idle).
5. But when the timeout occurs, the directory listing of that FTP server dissapears! But I want the directory listing to stay.

SmartFTP is indeed incredibly smart in comparison, because it's directory listing does not dissapear in the same situation, so I can use it to queue up some files, without having to worry about the timeout, which will occur eventually anyway.
So, can't I do the same with FlashFXP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harm
But... no, you can't browse directories you've never listed before once you're disconnected.
No, I don't need that anyway. There is ONLY 1 big directory in that FTP server.

And thanks for offering to leech the beta and signing up for customer portal, but
I'm not interested in these things right now. All I need is to fix this major annoyance.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:26 AM   #5
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

You were perfectly clear the first time.. but maybe I wasn't.
The feature you're asking for is called "directory cache". This feature was implemented for FlashFXP 3.4 and is already available in the beta. That's why I was suggesting to try it. Now the choice is up to you.

Just curious, how can you be using a registered version without being a customer?
Old 05-01-2006, 03:32 AM   #6
tanel

Ah, okay. Well, then I have no other choice to get the latest beta version...
Thanks for the clarification.

And about the registration: I myself am not registered. I'm just trying to help a friend who registered a long time ago.
I just created this forum account here to see if there is a solution to the problem.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:38 AM   #7
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanel
And about the registration: I myself am not registered. I'm just trying to help a friend who registered a long time ago.
I just created this forum account here to see if there is a solution to the problem.
in the 1st post of this thread you said you are registred, now you say you are not
in this thread you are claiming you used flashfxp for 5 years and yet you are still unregistred, but in this one it's your friend that have used flashfxp for many years?
in the 1st post you said YOU'll dump flashfxp if this non-existing "bug" doesn't get fixed...
you need to get your story strait and stop inventing things just come out and say who exactly is using flashfxp
Old 05-01-2006, 08:18 AM   #8
tanel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxxCon
in the 1st post of this thread you said you are registred, now you say you are not
As I said, I'm myself am not registered, I've never been registered as a FlashFXP customer and I've never said that either. I was speaking on my friend's behalf, who doesn't have much knowledge about computers and requested my assistance.

Quote:
in this thread you are claiming you used flashfxp for 5 years and yet you are still unregistred, but in this one it's your friend that have used flashfxp for many years?
I have said that? Where? What I said was that I've been FXP'ing IN GENERAL (NOT client-specific) for more than 5 years. Please read more carefully next time:

"As for the support, I doubt that I really need it, as I've been FXPing files at work for over 5 years now."

Did I mentioned FlashFXP here? Well, I must be blind but I don't see it. Oh well, perhaps I need to go to see the doctor...

Quote:
in the 1st post you said YOU'll dump flashfxp if this non-existing "bug" doesn't get fixed...
you need to get your story strait and stop inventing things just come out and say who exactly is using flashfxp
I'm not inventing anything. I just asked some questions, that's all. Why the heck would I have to make something up anyway??! God, there sure are some unfriendly people here. :S
Old 05-01-2006, 11:18 AM   #9
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanel
I'm not inventing anything. I just asked some questions, that's all. Why the heck would I have to make something up anyway??!
in your 1st post you said:
Quote:
FlashFXP seems like a really nice application, and I'd hate to dump it because of this bug.
there is not a bug. you were using an old version which didn't have that FEATURE. lack of a feature isn't a bug.
since build 1080, as Harm mentioned above, offline caching was implemented, so if you want to use it, you should upgrade.
Closed Thread

Tags
connection, directory, flashfxp, listing, running

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: