Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 02:25 PM   #1
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default Queue/transfer

Over FlashFXP 3.2 build 1080 if and when queuing file/files and then changing directories when the file is tranfered it will not be tranfered to the directory you changed to but the directory where files were qeued to originally...

I would have thought regardless when the files were qeued when you hit tranfer the directory you are is the directory the files get tranfered to... no??

Have no tried Beta versions because I have experienced worst bugs than this..... I would apprecciate that no reference to betas as a solution be suggested... (No offense but I rather have a file integrity that betas like the current one are unable to offer)...

thank you...
Old 03-04-2006, 02:40 PM   #2
Hetfield
FlashFXP Scripter

This isn't a bug, but by design. For a good queue implementation your suggested behaviour can't be done because you would be unable to queue files to different folders. Also the queue is "fixed", so when you queue files the queue won't be modified by itself. When it would modify itself (i.e. changing the folder you queued files to) it would get abit messy .
Old 03-04-2006, 03:04 PM   #3
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

indeed this is not a bug, so moving to correct forum.
like hetfield mentioned, when you queue a file, flashfxp records source and destination directories. this allows you to 1st queue up all the files you want and then trasnfer them in one go.
if you queued up files into a wrong directory, you can just easily edit existing queue and change any parameter.

with your suggested logic, it would be impossible to trasnfer files to multiple destination dirs.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:09 PM   #4
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Yes I suspected in part of something like that....

So does this mean any of you think that if you add files a,b and c to directory 1 qeue and then add to directory 2 d,e and f files when transfering this wouldnt all go the specified directories where the files were added to qeue, if they were added in same session?

Maybe this could become a suggestion, but I am not an expert.... just an idea...
Old 03-05-2006, 01:47 PM   #5
ORDL
FlashFXP Registered User

You can perform any number of actions during a session. For example, I can download a file from server A to Directory A on my machine, upload file B from my machine to server B, and FXP a ffile directly from server A to server B.

It all depends on how I build the queue. Think of the queue as a little batch file, FlashFXP will step through the queue, connecting and disconnecting from servers and changing directories as need. All you do is start the queue and walk away.

I love this, because I can set up few hours worth of transfers in a very few minutes, and then walk away knowing all the transfers will happen automatically.
Closed Thread

Tags
betas, directory, files, flashfxp, tranfered

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: