Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 02:51 PM   #1
MiltonBC
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Automatic bounce back?

My last 3 clients have accused me of updating their site and then retreating back to the previous version.

I thought they were seeing things, but now I think I've figured it out - flash is bouncing the file that was overwritten on the server - back to my hard drive.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 12-11-2005, 03:28 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

never heard of such thing
Old 12-11-2005, 04:20 PM   #3
MiltonBC
FlashFXP Registered User

I'm wondering if me double clicking on the file rather than using the transfer button could have caused it?

Or, could it be something completely different?

There is definitley a pattern though. All 3 clients are convinced that updates were made and then the site reverted back a previous page.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:03 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

There is no way for this to occur automatically within FlashFXP. You have to explicitly tell FlashFXP to upload a specific file in order for it to happen.

If you're not uploading the original file then my best guess is that perhaps the server is somehow automatically restoring the original file.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:14 PM   #5
ranger
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I had much the same thing happen to me, but it wasn't because of flashfxp. The file that was being overwritten would appear to change, but wasn't on the server site. You need to either rename the old file before uploading or actually delete it. Then upload the new one.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:21 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

That's really interesting, I have to wonder if this issue is more wide spread.

It would be great to hear from anyone who has more information on this situation, Specifically the ftp server software and addons that contribute to this behavior.

A new option could be added to delete the existing file before overwriting. Though in order for the user to take advantage of this option they would first need to know that the ftp server requires the file to be deleted before overwriting.
Closed Thread

Tags
back, bouncing, figured, file, flash

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: