Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 02:05 PM   #1
GuinnessGuy74

Default FlashFXP problem....

I have a small, but inconvenient problem with my FlashFXP software. When I transfer files, after the upload is complete it will say "Transfer is complete. Closing data connection." But then it will say "Transfer failed" and start uploading the same file again. After it says the transfer is complete, I can abort before it starts uploading again, and the file will be transfered. This is very inconvenient, since with multiple items in the queue, I would have to sit there and abort after every file, delete from the queue and restart so the next file in line gets transfered. Some time it will do 2 or 3 files in a row before getting to a file which it tries a couple of times.

Any ideas on what is wrong? Thanks for the help!

Jim

PS FlashFXP 3.2.0 (build 1080) by the way
Old 11-03-2005, 02:10 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

it's hard to say why this is happening without first seeing a copy of the ftp sesion. right click on the ftp sesion window and copy it to the clipboard.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:34 PM   #3
MESak5846
FlashFXP Registered User

I'm having a similar problem. When uploading multiple files of sizes greater than 75-80mb, FXP fails to properly "close" the completed transfer and attempts to re-transfer the same file again. It sees the duplicate file and the window opens asking if I want to skip or overwrite, etc. the file. Nevertheless, as is similar with Jim, I have to abort the multiple upload. (All files are still present). This, of course, necessitates close monitoring of long transfers. This does not occur at all with file sizes smaller than that size. (I don't know the exact "break" point, but recently files of 68mb have functiond properly, 96mb have not)

I'm also 3.2.0 (build 1080)

Mike
Old 12-19-2005, 10:41 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I never did get the ftp session log to better understand this problem. Until I do there really isn't much that can be done.

However:

For clairification though the "Transfer is complete. Closing data connection." message is a ftp server reply. Since the file is an upload the ftp server doesn't really know how big the file is, it just assumes it's complete.

The "Transfer failed" message comes from FlashFXP and it is the accurate status of the transfer.

One thing you can do is configure your file exist rules to skip files of equal size, that way if the file is in fact complete it wont be overwrote.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:03 PM   #5
MESak5846
FlashFXP Registered User

Thanks,

I will attempt to re-create this problem and post the session. Skipping files of equal size won't help me, as I routinely upload multiple versions of audio files of exactly the same length (size).
Old 12-20-2005, 01:46 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

After reviewing your ftp session log (in a private message) I determined that you're experiencing the same thing as reported in this thread http://www.inicom.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15790

As stated in that thread you might try enabling "send noops during transfer"
Closed Thread

Tags
complete, file, flashfxp, transfer, upload

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: