Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 12:46 PM   #1
swiesman

Question Password Protected Directories

I was recently given an ftp site username and password along with a password protected directory and the password for it. I can connect to the ftp site but I'm having a hard time accessing the password protected directory. FlashFXP tells me access is denied, and doesn't give me the option to enter the password for the directory. Is there something that I need to change in FlashFXP? Or is something setup incorrectly on the server side? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Scott Wiesman
Old 10-24-2005, 01:46 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

i don't think ftp protocol itself provide any capability/features for password protected directores..
you login with username/password and that's it..you have access to all the files and dirs to which that user/group has access to.
there is no way to enter additional password for a specific directory(unless it's come server specific customization)
Old 10-24-2005, 02:03 PM   #3
swiesman

Thanks. I thought that was the case, but I wasn't sure.
Closed Thread

Tags
directory, flashfxp, ftp, password, protected

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: