Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 10:35 PM   #1

Default Complete Noob plz help

Here is where Im at basically. I need to know if this program can be used for me to connect to my friends computer and for me to get files off of his machine or for him to get files from my machine. We have files that we need to share on a dialy basis and dont have the time to deliever them physically. So can I say type in his IP addy and then upload files off of his machine onto mine??? Sorry but I know nothing about FTP except I did manage to FTP files into my PS2's memory card.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:38 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

FlashFXP is an ftp CLIENT.
it is used to connect to a ftp SERVER.
if you want to connect to your friend using flashfxp, your friend will have to install some ftp server software.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:24 AM   #3
EwarWoo
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Registered User

If you're willing to put in the work to find out how to use, inicoms very own ioFTPD is a fantastic server.
However if you're wanting something basic thats n00b friendly you're prolly better off with something like this:
http://www.download.com/GuildFTPd/30...ml?tag=lst-3-1
You can both install servers and connect to each other that way.
Alternately you can use p2p software to connect to each other, just pick one that allows direct connect to each other rather than via hubs.
Closed Thread

Tags
files, ftp, machine, memory, upload

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: