Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 04:53 PM   #1
blubb-

Default FlashFXP takes LONG to skip files in FXP mode

Hi,

I noticed that FlashFXP sends the SIZE-command before it decides whether to skip the file or not if I transfer a directory from one site to another. This is very odd as I've configured FlashFXP to skip files in FXP-mode regardless if they're smaller, bigger or same size - so what is that SIZE-cmd for? Could you please remove that? I'm not the only annoyed user . Thanks.

cu
Old 09-05-2005, 06:27 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

ffxp is sending SIZE to command to know if file even exist...
it's not really a bug, so moving to 'General'
Old 09-05-2005, 06:30 PM   #3
blubb-

Hi,

ehm, DIRECTLY after dirlist, there is no reason to look if files exist, you can't delete so fast... So, I'd please have an option to turn on the old behaviour (ffxp did it just fine some versions ago, unfortunately I can't tell since when this behaviour changed) or have this changed. Also, I remember posting this one some time ago, but I can't find it anymore... do posts get deleted?

cu
Old 09-05-2005, 07:23 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

A dir list even a few seconds old may not contain accurate information. Especially if the the file is ASCII because the file list contains the size of the file in binary and the mode needs to be switched to ASCII and issue a SIZE <filename>

SIZE is also used to determine if the still exists.

By not using SIZE you reduce the effectiveness of the file exist rules. We may consider an option to turn this off in future versions.

I don't think old posts are deleted but I could be wrong.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:12 AM   #5
blubb-

Hi,

thanks Bigstar. I'm mainly synchronizing a big packed project which is around 3x 1 GB currently between 4 sites each night. Sometimes a transfer fails, so I just added it multiple times to queue. Changing the skipping-behaviour like I suggested would ensure (or ensure at least a little bit more than before ) that all transfer are done the next morning .

cu
Old 10-08-2006, 04:33 AM   #6
rco133
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Hi.

I can see that this is quita an old thread, but was wondering if it will be implemented in a future version or not.

Sending the SIZE command before each file takes 2-3 times longer (even more sometimes), than the old behavior of 2.2 where files were simply just skipped.

I hope that the option to not send the SIZE command will be taken into consideration.

rco133
Closed Thread

Tags
files, flashfxp, fxp, fxp-mode, skip

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: