Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 02:51 AM   #1
chros69

Default Can I run flashfxp as a windows service ?

We are working on WinXP SP2 clients in a domain environment. There are 5 people who uses the same workstation -> each user must log out and the next one must log in.

So if I run an application in normal mode, the application will close on each log out. (In domain environment there is not 'fast user switching').

So it would be nice, if there were any workaround for this problem: flashfxp always running, no matter who had been logged in, but just a particular user could access it.

Thanx
Old 08-21-2005, 03:12 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

the only way that i can think of, is to create a transfer queue and then using something like FireDaemon to run another instance of ffxp for transfers. but i don't know how succesful that will be.

maybe look into microsoft's BITS
Old 09-02-2005, 02:37 PM   #3
chros69

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxxCon
the only way that i can think of, is to create a transfer queue and then using something like FireDaemon to run another instance of ffxp for transfers. but i don't know how succesful that will be.
It looks promising ... Thanks!
I'll give it a try ...

Is out there anyone who use this method ? The config of this app is a little annoying ...
Closed Thread

Tags
domain, environment, flashfxp, log, user

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: