Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 12:03 AM   #1
tony_13
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Hi Peeeeeeeeeps

Hello Peeeeeeeeeeeps,

I have a question. I am a paying customer of Flashfxp 3.0.2 and I wanted to know how I can schedule a login and a file download to my local hdd each night using FlashFXP

Thanks in advance
Old 08-13-2005, 02:22 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

how come are you still running old 3.0.2 when there is much better updated version is out?

read http://www.inicom.net/pages/en.ffxp-tutorials.php?s=7 or flashfxp's help file
Old 08-14-2005, 09:44 PM   #3
tony_13
FlashFXP Registered User

Oh I was wrong, I am not running that version. i am running 3.2 now.

HELLO??? I know about help files, I just was wondering if someone could assist me.

Off to read that file

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxxCon
how come are you still running old 3.0.2 when there is much better updated version is out?

read http://www.inicom.net/pages/en.ffxp-tutorials.php?s=7 or flashfxp's help file
Old 08-14-2005, 09:47 PM   #4
tony_13
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:

What I am really after is to setup a schedules download each night without having to do WHAT THE HELP file says. I quote:

"To do this, connect to a remote site, select the files and folders you want to transfer and drag them to the Queue Display as shown on the image below."

What I need is a solution to "auto download" a file each night WITHOUT having me tell it to do so like in the HELP FILE says.

TIA
Old 08-14-2005, 11:01 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Once the queue file is created you can schedule FlashFXP using windows schedule to execute FlashFXP + queue daily, weekly, etc. If the filename changes then you'll need to update/generate the queue file externally.

Otherwise can you please explain in detail exactly what you had in mind.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:19 PM   #6
tony_13
FlashFXP Registered User

Well that is the problem. I cannot creat the que everynight. I need it to be automated.

Here is my story: I own a semi small hosting company. I wrote a script that backs up my databases each night at 4am and gzips them up into an accessable folder on my servers.

I essentially need to backup my backup file locally to my network and need FLASHFXP to do this for me automatedly(is that a word?).

Each night the file is a different name (it's date is in it's name)

Suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
Once the queue file is created you can schedule FlashFXP using windows schedule to execute FlashFXP + queue daily, weekly, etc. If the filename changes then you'll need to update/generate the queue file externally.

Otherwise can you please explain in detail exactly what you had in mind.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:34 AM   #7
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

With the current version of FlashFXP the only way to do this would be to create a queue and use it as a template. Update the filename daily using an external script/program file prior to running FlashFXP.

I'll see about adding some custom date identifiers for filenames/folders in future versions of FlashFXP.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:41 AM   #8
tony_13
FlashFXP Registered User

Yeah I see. What could I write that in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
With the current version of FlashFXP the only way to do this would be to create a queue and use it as a template. Update the filename daily using an external script/program file prior to running FlashFXP.
That would be hot! Thanks! No one ever asked for this?
Quote:
I'll see about adding some custom date identifiers for filenames/folders in future versions of FlashFXP.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:50 AM   #9
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

why don't you just queue up dir where those backup files are, save that queue and then schedule it?
it'll do exactly what you want
Old 08-15-2005, 01:34 AM   #10
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

You could do it in pretty much any programming/scripting language.

It's been suggested in the past but due to lack of user interest it was put aside for other features that had more appeal.

MxxCon brings up a good suggestion, if you queue the folder and set FlashFXP to skip existing it will only transfer the new backup files.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:19 AM   #11
Linkster
Administrator

perl, python, or even a simple batch script could probably do what you want. This is why we created the scripting section. When people write things like this, they can contribute them to the community. When we get some time, we'll be writing some of our own to contribute
Old 12-26-2005, 01:46 PM   #12
tony_13
FlashFXP Registered User

Hi Linkster,

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to everyone here. I am following up 6 months later to see if you ever wrote something that will help me in this post here?

Let me know
Old 12-26-2005, 06:00 PM   #13
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_13
I am following up 6 months later to see if you ever wrote something that will help me in this post here?
what don't you like in the solution that i offered?
Old 12-26-2005, 07:17 PM   #14
tony_13
FlashFXP Registered User

Oh ok, that did work. But not with the regular WINXP schedular. I used a freeware schedualer.

Thanks

If you could incorporate that into future versions of FXP, that would be wicked

Quote:
what don't you like in the solution that i offered?
Closed Thread

Tags
download, file, flashfxp, local, schedule

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: