Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

FlashFXP v5.x Public Beta Please direct all comments, suggestions, bug reports, and feedback for public beta releases to this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 08:58 PM   #1
Chrysalis
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default slow refresh of log

In v4 the log in bottom right updated after every command, in v5 it seems to be done in batches of lines with a low refresh rate.

Can this be made optional?
Old 12-10-2014, 11:54 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Specifically when does the status log window appear to update slower than expected?

If the FlashFXP window doesn't have focus then the status log window will delay rendering new lines for up to 150ms (6 fps), otherwise the update rate is 50ms (20 fps).

This should be very similar to v4, though the console window internals were rewritten in v5 to use Unicode and the processing/rendering of Unicode text is slower, especially when handling lines that word-wrap.

[Update]
I just compared the unit source code for v5.0 to the last v4.4 release and the refresh rate is identical, so it must be something else, please let me know specific situations with examples where you feel the status window is lagging behind.

Last edited by bigstar; 12-11-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:17 PM   #3
Chrysalis
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Basically in v4, it refreshes on every output.

In v5, it seems to refresh in batches or at intervals. So I will see 3 lines update at once e.g. instead of separately.

Is it possible extra overheads of unicode are causing it to be like this so basically its out of your control?
Old 01-07-2015, 08:04 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

In both version 4 and 5 the updating is done in batches every 50ms (20 fps)

Its quite possible that the changes for Unicode have had a slight impact on performance but I think the biggest impact is probably the word-wrap offset calculations and not really the actual drawing itself.

Comparing both v4 and v5 running side by side processing the same queue with the same settings everything looks identical except that v5 is slightly faster at completing the queue.
Closed Thread

Tags
batches, lines, made, rate, refresh

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: