Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

FlashFXP v5.x Public Beta Please direct all comments, suggestions, bug reports, and feedback for public beta releases to this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 04:31 PM   #1
andreas
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default Flashfxp update starts before confirmation

How to reproduce:

1. Start downloading
2. Help > Check for updates
3. Download
4. Update now
5. Flashfxp ask for confirmation, but update starts in the background ....
User may click No at this point!
Old 08-07-2014, 09:23 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The upgrade installer starts while FlashFXP attempts to close down if the user has an operation in progress that requires confirmation the user is prompted before exiting. It's also possible that the user has multiple instances of FlashFXP running.

During this time the installer unpacks and then performs a check to see there are any copies of FlashFXP still running and if one is found then a dialog is shown prompting the user to close FlashFXP, the installer waits for user to comply, and does a final check before continuing.

If the user clicks no or decides not to perform the update immediately there is no harm in having the installer wait until the user is ready to complete the installation.

Over the years I have experimented with quite a few different ways of running the program update and what I have found is that the current method works best for handling many different situations.

If you have some specific suggestions or ideas of how this can be improved I will take them into consideration.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:59 AM   #3
andreas
FlashFXP Beta Tester

As I user, I would expect that current FlashFXP session will first ask to close and get a confirmation for exiting and then FlashFXP will start and verify that other instances are not running.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:22 AM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Thank you, I tested your suggestion and it appears to work fine without any issues.

I have included this change in 5.0 build 3756.

If you select Yes then FlashFXP closes and the update installer runs. If you select No to any prompt then the update will run when you manually close FlashFXP.
Closed Thread

Tags
background, confirmation, flashfxp, starts, update

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: