Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

FlashFXP v5.x Public Beta Please direct all comments, suggestions, bug reports, and feedback for public beta releases to this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #1
Tester32

Default Multi-Thread Support?

Hi

Just wondering if your going to add multi threading support for uploads to v5.x? Using filezilla right now and that is the only thing missing from keeping me from buying FlashFXP. With out that updating large amounts of files takes way to long.

Thanks for any info
Old 03-11-2014, 12:15 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I assume you mean multiple server connections and concurrent file transfers?

If so then no, We're in the final stage of testing v5.0 and planning on a final release very soon.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:21 PM   #3
orientfan
FlashFXP Registered User

hi bigstar, are there any plans to introduce this into a future release?
Old 04-07-2014, 05:20 PM   #4
Tester32

Yes, multiple server connection for one server. Like a DL manager do. Well, i really hope it will get implemented into a latter version as that is the only thing keeping me from using flashfxp and buying it. Once that is added. I will be an other customer and i'm sure you will have a lot of more ppl come over too.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:57 PM   #5
stevensf

Hello,

I'm a new registered user since today.

It will be great if this requested option will be implemented soon. I work often with lot of small files and multi-up with the same threat will be a good option.

tx for your work
Old 04-14-2014, 09:45 PM   #6
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

This would be a major update I am sure, and for an application that currently functions perfectly well there are probably higher priorities. However this is a feature I would like to see in the future as well. Both in terms of multi thread and segmented transfers. For me the higher interest is in segmented transfers for large files, long distance routing can cause speeds to sit at just a portion of line speed capability. It is not uncommon for me to have single transfers sitting at about 15% and 30% capacity for downstream and upstream respectively.

It seems to me that this would go hand-in-hand with tabbed sessions support due the amount of overlapping changes they would have in common.

Last edited by DayCuts; 04-14-2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:44 PM   #7
spaxi82
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Multiple workers for upload would be great!

Hey there,

i switched over from SmartFTP and the only missing feature is uploading more than one file per time to a single FTP-Server.
Hoping that it will be implemented as soon as possible.

Best greetings from Tirol,

Marco
Old 06-28-2014, 08:43 PM   #8
ACiD
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

I support adding this feature as well. One of the biggest downfalls of the FTP protocol is the time it takes to transfer many small files because of all the time lost negotiating each transfer.

The segmented transfers for large files is also a feature I would like to see implemented because of my stupid ISP. They have some form of "ghetto QoS" on my line which prevents me from using my complete bandwidth allotment in a single connection. (ex. I have a 30 Mbit/s Downstream line. When downloading a single file, I will see a maximum transfer rate of 15 Mbit/s. I can then initiate a 2nd download concurrently, and it will also transfer at 15 Mbit/s for a combined total of the whole 30 Mbit/s allotment.)

I guess that is to keep one person watching Netflix or something, from killing everyone else's bandwidth in the house. Or vice-versa. (For people too ignorant to configure QoS on their router.)
Old 06-30-2014, 04:45 PM   #9
Hanschke
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I love the idea
Old 07-03-2014, 02:36 PM   #10
twiddern
FlashFXP Registered User

Yup that would be a great feature +1
Old 07-16-2014, 04:36 PM   #11
andreas
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I second that!
It would be great when transfering numerous small files
Old 07-22-2014, 11:43 AM   #12
Voodoo
FlashFXP Registered User

This feature has been requested many years back. Still a no go. Why?
Old 09-08-2014, 12:14 PM   #13
carus
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Am a long time Flashfxp user but dispite i have a license i converted to first Cuteftp and now Filezilla. The possibility to only download one file at a time make lousy bandwidthusage and speed. Still think its sad because Flashfxp is a really nice piece of software otherwise.
Closed Thread

Tags
flashfxp, keeping, missing, support, updating

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: