Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Custom Commands Download, share, or get help creating your own.

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 07:35 PM   #1
mitch
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Possible to send SSH Commands ?

Hello, maybe i just dont know if this can be done and need to be educated but im wondering if its possible to send SSH commands via FlashFXP.

For example... i send across a ZIP file....then be able to right click on file or use a custom command to unzip that file easily.

Reason being i dont want to have to send an unextracted zip with many files as it takes too long, i also dont want to jump into SSH if i dont have to.

Many thanks.
Old 07-31-2016, 01:10 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Yes absolutely.

You can send shell commands via raw commands (Ctrl+R) or you can toggle the RAW Command Line (Main menu > View > RAW command line) and access it directly via the main window.

By default FlashFXP will accept any non-defined command as a SSH command (with a warning prompt) but you can also prefix the commands with /shell

You can also create custom commands so that the command can be executed with a shortcut key or without having to type it in each time.

For example you can use something like this

Extract tar archive
Code:
/shell tar xzfv %f
When the command executes the %f token is replaced with the name of the selected item in the file list.

If you have multiple items selected then the entire command will execute for each item selected.

Additional information and more examples can be found in our help file and in this forum.
Old 07-31-2016, 05:57 PM   #3
mitch
FlashFXP Registered User

Holy Shit, this is great and game changer for me... being able to right click and extract archives is going to speed up my workflow IMMENSLY.... no more having to upload 20,000 files that takes 20 minutes, now i can upload 1 archive file... 4 minutes, right click extract

You ROCK!
Old 08-02-2016, 03:53 AM   #4
mitch
FlashFXP Registered User

Hi BigStar,

I attempted to give it a go and im getting some errors here is a screenshot.... maybe im doing something wrong ?

http://screenshots.menkom.com.au/201...2_18_52_49.jpg
Old 08-02-2016, 06:48 AM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

In order to send SSH commands you need to connect to the server using a Connection type of SFTP over SSH.

When I wrote my reply I had assumed that you were using SFTP and not FTP, I apologize for jumping to that conclusion.
Closed Thread

Tags
file, flashfxp, send, ssh, zip