Software RAS Graph & Status, FlashSFV, iTraffic Monitor, etc

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 02:03 PM   #1
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Default FlashSFV 2.4c

This release is quite old, it was a work in progress that never made much progress. Someone asked if there was a newer release so I decided to post this release. It may be better or worse then the build you're using now.

It looks like I added XP theme support and the GUI is slightly different, apart from that I don't know what other changes were made.
Attached Files
File Type: zip flashsfv24c.zip (353.4 KB, 497 views)
Old 02-06-2004, 09:56 PM   #2
Partha

Thank you thank you bigstar . I just love FlashSFV
Old 02-07-2004, 05:43 AM   #3
visitor

Same creation date as 2.3 we was using.

Very handy program.

thaNX
Old 02-08-2004, 03:46 AM   #4
Barough
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Thnx alot
Old 02-08-2004, 03:59 AM   #5
Partha

I dunno if and when a new version of FlashSFV will be released. But any chance of including .sfv or .md5 recursive creation/checking for folder trees ??

Partha
Old 02-08-2004, 06:40 AM   #6
p00chie
FlashFXP Registered User

i like this new version a lot.

i've been using 2.0f, i think, for a while now. i like the shell integration in this version.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:15 PM   #7
olg
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Lightbulb

Why not include FlashSFV right into FlashFXP?
For example, Ultrafxp (rip of flashfxp) have sfv check directly into program.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:51 PM   #8
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by olg
Why not include FlashSFV right into FlashFXP?
For example, Ultrafxp (rip of flashfxp) have sfv check directly into program.
becuase FlashFXP is an ftp client, and FlashSFV checks sfv/md5 files.
ftp client is not supposed to check sfv files. it supposed to only transfer files
Old 02-12-2004, 07:41 PM   #9
p00chie
FlashFXP Registered User

which, if you don't mind me saying, is quite an idiotic statement to make in today's world.

you can extend the logic of that and say that ftp servers are only supposed to serve files and shouldn't check file integrity on upload and people are wasting their time coding such features into their programs or making addons.

in other words, it doesn't really wash, saying "it's an ftp client, it's not supposed to do that."

zonealarm is a firewall, yet it can also block popups. is that a stupid idea because it's not supposed to do that?

not really a common sense argument that "it's an ftp client", when you think about it, is it? having a feature in flashfxp that automatically verifies sfv/md5 as you download them isn't really a feature that's totally separate from the ftp operations. why not include it? if you can't do it or simply don't want to it, say so.

so is there a real reason, or are you sticking to the crap one?
Old 02-12-2004, 08:55 PM   #10
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by p00chie
you can extend the logic of that and say that ftp servers are only supposed to serve files and shouldn't check file integrity on upload and people are wasting their time coding such features into their programs or making addons.
i have no problem with addons since they are optional.
Quote:
zonealarm is a firewall, yet it can also block popups. is that a stupid idea because it's not supposed to do that?
i think whole ZA firewall is a complete crud, and their popupblocker is nothing more than a bloatware which is designed to do nothing but sell more software. quality browsers like firefox or opera have buildint popupblockers, and for IE everybody and their grandma uses google toolbar which has the best popup blocer i ever used.

Quote:
not really a common sense argument that "it's an ftp client", when you think about it, is it? having a feature in flashfxp that automatically verifies sfv/md5 as you download them isn't really a feature that's totally separate from the ftp operations. why not include it?
flashfxp already has capability to call external sfv checking for downloaded files, no need to add bloat to flashfxp.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:06 PM   #11
Partha

Quote:
Originally posted by MxxCon

flashfxp already has capability to call external sfv checking for downloaded files, no need to add bloat to flashfxp.
How do I use that feature ? It is hidden in which menu ? Anyway to implement them for upload also ?

Also as a standalone product , any chance of implementing the recursive/creation checking of .md5/.sfv feature in FlashSFV ? That's all I need now from FlashSFV .
Old 02-13-2004, 12:34 AM   #12
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

The name 'FlashFXP' i think is enough to know built in sfv functions should not be implemented. For one, as the name suggests, this program i aimed largely at site-to-site transfers (file integrity can not be checked in this case from your side, it has to be server side). As for downloading, you must understand that automatic integrity checking within a client software would effectively pause the session while the file is checked, in the case of larger files this would create a big problem for it's users.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if there is an sfv/md5 file accompanying the files. All you need do is double click the sfv after the file/s are complete (assuming you have a decent sfv checker installed on your system).

If you really want files to checked in realtime as the download finishes, and its that big a deal. Simply set up your own FTPd with a single account for you and use FlashFXP to FXP between the site and your own FTPd.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:01 PM   #13
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by Partha
How do I use that feature ? It is hidden in which menu ? Anyway to implement them for upload also ?
it's impossible to implement such checking for upload since you don't have access to destination file system.

http://www.flashfxp.com/version21.php
explained how to do it in "Added program execution after transfer complete." section

Quote:
Also as a standalone product , any chance of implementing the recursive/creation checking of .md5/.sfv feature in FlashSFV ? That's all I need now from FlashSFV .
bigstar wanted to implement such feature but since sourcecode is lost...
Old 02-13-2004, 07:49 PM   #14
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The good news is i found the source code after moving. I just don't have any time to continue development right now. maybe in a few months.
Old 02-14-2004, 06:33 AM   #15
p00chie
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by MxxCon
i think whole ZA firewall is a complete crud, and their popupblocker is nothing more than a bloatware which is designed to do nothing but sell more software. quality browsers like firefox or opera have buildint popupblockers, and for IE everybody and their grandma uses google toolbar which has the best popup blocer i ever used.
good stuff. i do indeed use opera and don't see the point of the popup blocker in ZA... however, i'd have to disagree on one point. the firewall itself is probably the best software firewall available, well worth the money and then some. having said that, ZA's privacy features don't detract from the security of it as a firewall. and it's available without the extras in ZA Plus.

thanks for the link to how to execute program after transfer... that'll make things a lot easier for me now. and i can shut up about sfv checking.

daycuts:

Quote:
As for downloading, you must understand that automatic integrity checking within a client software would effectively pause the session while the file is checked, in the case of larger files this would create a big problem for it's users.
it doesn't slow down ioftpd, bpftpd or serv-u as it's a separate local operation. the integrity check happens when one transfer stops and the other one starts. it doesn't need to interrupt ftp operations to verify files.

Quote:
If you really want files to checked in realtime as the download finishes, and its that big a deal. Simply set up your own FTPd with a single account for you and use FlashFXP to FXP between the site and your own FTPd.
and in an ideal world where every single server allows remote transfer in and out, that would be a great solution. but they don't. so as soon as you get a server where remote transfers out are blocked, you're screwed.
Closed Thread

Tags
added, made, progress, release, theme

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: