Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Software RAS Graph & Status, FlashSFV, iTraffic Monitor, etc

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 12:20 AM   #16
Partha

I am unable to get the desired results while trying to launch FlashSFV to verify the downloaded files against a given .sfv.

Please advice me how to "use the %f macro to pass the filename " . I am having problems with how to pass it . Perhaps because of this problem only , when I use "show=0" to hide FlashSFV , FlashSFV still popups before the FlashFXP window.
Old 02-15-2004, 01:16 AM   #17
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by p00chie
and in an ideal world where every single server allows remote transfer in and out, that would be a great solution. but they don't. so as soon as you get a server where remote transfers out are blocked, you're screwed.
I not quite sure on the workings of the FTP/FXP protocols and the method used to stop fxp. But does it not check that the logged in user IP/host matched that which is in the PORT command used to make the connection? Being a local ftpd the IP would match?
Old 02-15-2004, 05:21 PM   #18
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by Partha
Please advice me how to "use the %f macro to pass the filename " . I am having problems with how to pass it . Perhaps because of this problem only , when I use "show=0" to hide FlashSFV , FlashSFV still popups before the FlashFXP window.
for one, why would you want to start FlashSFV hidden? how will you know the results of scan?
i don't think you'll be able to use FlashSFV w/ this feature since it requires to have name of .sfv passed to it. so if you have a dir of files+sfv, i'm sure you have sfv transfered 1st, flashsfv will run and see no files in that dir and on later transfers it'll complain that given file isn't sfv

cSFVse or other SFV checker that can scan whole dir for sfv file will work better in this case
Old 02-16-2004, 07:00 AM   #19
p00chie
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by DayCuts
I not quite sure on the workings of the FTP/FXP protocols and the method used to stop fxp. But does it not check that the logged in user IP/host matched that which is in the PORT command used to make the connection? Being a local ftpd the IP would match?
no, my ftp server is in the DMZ and has a different IP and OS from this computer.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:21 PM   #20
TimeX

i want to know adding what new features?

only the style changes?
Old 02-16-2004, 10:44 PM   #21
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by p00chie
no, my ftp server is in the DMZ and has a different IP and OS from this computer.
If it is on a different system then it is not a local ftpd.
Old 02-18-2004, 05:40 PM   #22
p00chie
FlashFXP Registered User

of course it's a local ftpd. i can get up and walk to it now and it's on the same network. that's pretty local, wouldn't you say?

it has a different IP and operating system (Debian). it functions as a server (the only machine that does) and it's not the computer that FlashFXP or FlashSFV is installed on. this machine is firewalled for a very good reason - it's windows. i wouldn't trust it outside the firewall.

and why i'm saying this, i don't know. setting up an ftpd and configuring my hardware to accept server connections on this machine and therefore open a whacking great hole in my carefully configured network doesn NOT amount to "ease of use". if you don't mind me saying, it's a bit of a heath robinson way of getting automatic file verification.

maybe i can just get my siteops to upload them to me instead? then it'd crc check on the server.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:14 AM   #23
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Well its on the local network, but when you are talking local/remote if you have to remote into it from a different pc, then i dont concider it local, but anyways i do admit my suggestion wasn't greatly practical.

as for security, the main reason microsoft os based machines are targeted and hit more than linux mahines is because the exploits are more public. Not saying a well done linux distro is not more secure, because i know it is. Just that a big part of why this is so is because the exploits are not spread and/or publicised to the extent of an ms os.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:17 PM   #24
Milgathia

I think I've founded a bug in this app (I know it's free, but I think it's too well done to leave it as is... ;P)

Sometimes the MD5 verification fails even if the hash is correct, in other words it fail to verify.

I've tried this with many others checkers, digestit2004, hashcalc and many others; the only one that fail no checking the md5 hash is flashsfv...

I hope you will solve the problem ASAP.

Thank you for your all great work!

Kind Regards
Old 07-05-2004, 02:13 PM   #25
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by Milgathia
Sometimes the MD5 verification fails even if the hash is correct, in other words it fail to verify.

I hope you will solve the problem ASAP.
well you'll need to explain better than just saying sometimes it fails to verify
post md5 file and if the file that fails is not big enough, possibly it too
Old 07-06-2004, 05:57 AM   #26
Milgathia

Quote:
Originally posted by MxxCon
well you'll need to explain better than just saying sometimes it fails to verify
post md5 file and if the file that fails is not big enough, possibly it too
What mean fails to verify? It's simple: When I try to check MD5 Hashes of certain (usually 500~600 MB) files with FlashSFV, it says CRC Error when it's correct if checked with others MD5 tools.

Which ones? Hash Calc by Slavasoft (http://www.slavasoft.com/hashcalc/overview.htm)

Or DigetsIT2004 (http://digestit.kennethballard.com/)

Or the Microsoft MD5 Tool (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en)

Now if the size of the files are big, well what if I say that it happen even with ~10 MB files?

Anyway the hash check fail happen only somethimes, certain big files (Even over 1 GB) are correctly checked, with no errors I mean.

That's the reason why I'm telling you that's a quite strange fact.

I've tested the program on 16 different machines with the same files and the fails happen anyway.

This make me suppose that ther's something wrong inside the program, but mine is just a humble idea.

Kind Regards
Old 08-09-2004, 12:43 PM   #27
DataKill
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Default Bug in FlashSFV 24.c with MD5 verification

Hi there,
i used to test the MD5-Hash from the WindowsXP SP2 file and got an error. The orginal hash for the file WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-DEU.exe is:
MD5-Hash: 2fa1439dd7425848ba187213f9b9949f
Try to generate or verify it with FlashSFV2.4c and you will see that the file may be bad. But ist is wrong!!!
The test with TotalCommander generates and verifies it right.

I post now the hashes here:
Orginal and again with TC generated:
2FA1439DD7425848BA187213F9B9949F WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-DEU.exe

With FlashSFV2.4c generated:
7E83D25C01546D9AB3E798EC41BFE93A WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-DEU.exe

All done with the same file! Please can anybody verify this MD5-BUG? It should be fixed asap.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:52 PM   #28
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I don't happen to have WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-DEU.exe, Do you have a smaller file that you can attach where the same case is true?
Old 08-09-2004, 12:57 PM   #29
DataKill
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

May you have a fast line?
Try to download the file from here:
http://www.winfuture.de/downloadstar...4175,1160.html
*sorry* it is a german site but klick simple Download and all will be fine...
Old 08-09-2004, 01:08 PM   #30
DataKill
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

I tried it with some short files, and it is okay:
I tried the following:
http://digestit.kennethballard.com/download.html
MD5 for Win32
Both md5-files are okay. The generated shows up the same hash as the orginal file on page.
I think you have to try it with bigfiles *sorry*
Closed Thread

Tags
added, made, progress, release, theme

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: