Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Software RAS Graph & Status, FlashSFV, iTraffic Monitor, etc

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 10:52 AM   #1
Partha

Default Any new version of FlashSFV possible ??

I know that Bigstar is busy with his upcoming release of FlashFXP 2.2x . But it's been so long that FlashSFV haven't been updated. I once got a 2.1 beta or something like that from this forums for FlashSFV but now I lost it and now I don't see from where to download the 2.1 beta version. So all that I can get now is the 2.0f version which doesn't support .md5 !! 2.1 version also was not perfect as it did one thing that I didn't liked at all . Once the .sfv or .md5 file is selected , the verifying process automatically and consequesntly the files which are not competely only half-completed were reported as bad . 2.0f nicely waits for the user to hit the "Verify" button and definitely had a much better and cool looking interface . So any chance of Bigstar releasing a new version of FlashSFV that also waits for the user to hit the "verify" button before the verification process starts and also supports .md5. Since I liked the 2.0 version better, I have made a new drawing interface for suggested FlashSFV 2.1 based on the interface for FlashSFV 2.0 . Any chance for the author to release FlashSFV 2.1 final now ?? Also any chance that Bigstar will implement recursive .sfv/.md5 creation/verification for a folder tree ??

Waiting impatiently for a new FlashSFV version .

Partha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg suggested_flashsfv21_interface.jpg (35.6 KB, 190 views)
Old 02-01-2004, 11:37 AM   #2
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

FlashSFV 2.3 beta8 is still available: http://forum.flashfxp.com/showthread...=&threadid=360

I like FlashSFV too, but I heard that bigstar lost the source code for v2.3 beta 8. I hope he will have some time for it after FlashFXP 2.2.
Old 02-01-2004, 01:30 PM   #3
Partha

Thanks Harm for your reply. I thought that the beta version that I got was 2.1 Beta x of FlashSFV . Well after getting 2.3 Beta 8 , thanks to you , well I now think perhaps what I last got was 2.3 x bate , maybe , hmmm ..!!

Anyway I also just hope Bigstar gets some time to do a new version of FlashSFV which has a much better interface then 2.3 Beta 8 and also includes the recursive creation/verification of .sfv/.md5 files ??

We can only hope .
Old 02-03-2004, 05:59 AM   #4
Partha

Another 3 interfaces for the kind consideration of Bigstar . My urdent request to you bigstar , whether or not you decide to adopt any of my suggested interfaces , is to release a new version of FlashSFV 2.3 once the new groundbreaking FlashFXP 2.2 Final is completed . Please consider my request .

Partha
Attached Files
File Type: rar more_interfaces.rar (21.8 KB, 18 views)
Old 02-03-2004, 01:59 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Thank you for your suggestions unfortunately I have no plans on changing the GUI anytime soon. I was going to release FlashSFV as open source but then I looked at the source. It's quite messy and there's nothing to gain from to it, A programmer would be better off starting from scratch then trying to make changes to the existing code.

I'm not sure what the latest public release is but the latest is v2.4c
Old 02-06-2004, 01:19 PM   #6
Partha

Very very thanks for you reply Bigstar . But reading your reply I just want to say I would , like may others , love to get a copy of the FlashSFV program. So any chance of you releasing it ?
Old 02-06-2004, 09:48 PM   #7
Partha

Hi Bigstar, I would , like many others, love to have a copy of the source code of FlashSFV . Can we have it please ?
Closed Thread

Tags
2.1, chance, flashsfv, interface, version

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: