Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Software RAS Graph & Status, FlashSFV, iTraffic Monitor, etc

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 10:25 PM   #1
se7en

Default Why can FlashSFV only process 1 SFV file at a time?

I need to verify about 300+ SFV files and it's a huge process to verify them one at a time and sit at the PC while doing so.

It would be so much easier if I could load up all the SFV files into FlashSFV and then hit start and walk away from the PC for like 2 hours

This would be a great feature. It shouldn't be that hard to implement this. It would take little of your time. All you need to do is allow us to open multiple SFV files. Or a way to load a directory and have FlashSFV recursivly search for SFV files.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:00 PM   #2
se7en

I just noticed that if there is multiple SFV files in 1 directory, I can load FlashSFV and click the "Open" button and then select multiple SFV files and they are all loaded into the queue.

So what's the problem here? Why can't I load multiple SFV files from multiple directories as well?

If you don't want to waste time on making a way to recursively scan a folder and sub folders for SFV files to be loaded ito the queue, at least let it be possible to drag and drop "MULTIPLE" SFV files into FlashSFV without having it start automatically. All it needs to do is queue the SFV files.

This way At least I can use the windows search feature and scan for *.sfv files and then drag them all into FlashSFV and have them queued.

I see this feature has been requested before. I don't understand why you can't implement this. The code is all done from what it looks like. All you have to do is allow us to simultaneously add multiple SFV files into the queue.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:51 AM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

That feature was a work in progress. It's currently unfinished and incomplete.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:23 PM   #4
se7en

bigstar,

I appreciate the reply.

I just want to know what your plans are with FlashSFV. Are you ever going to add this feature or should I continue searching elsewhere?

It makes me sad though because flashSFV is really nice and I see a lot of potential in it.

You obviously have good programming skills, and that's shown in FlashFXP which is a beautiful FTP Client.

A person with your skills could add this simple feature to FlashSFV in a matter of a few hours.

It's a shame that such a useful and good utility like FlashSFV is being ignored
Old 07-04-2006, 04:15 AM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I don't have the time to work on it anymore.

That feature was actually quite complicated and very time consuming, which is why it was never completed in the first place. Only a fraction of the code was actually completed.

If the source code wasn't such a mess i'd release it as open source, but hacking a new feature here and there turned the code into a total mess. It would probably be faster to re-write the existing code than to clean it up, that's how bad it is.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:35 PM   #6
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I would suggest you try hksfv, you can select a top level directory and the program will scan all subdirectories for all sfv files and create a queue of all files to check, then work its way through them. It old and has a few features that were also left incomplete or not working correctly, but it does the job when i need to check a lot of stuff.

Search for it on google, it's also freeware.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:12 PM   #7
se7en

Thanks DayCuts
Old 09-05-2006, 08:00 PM   #8
incognito
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I was wondering about that too.. I'll try hksfv till ya'll fix the sfv probs on FlashSFV.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:29 AM   #9
FTPServerTools
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

open a cmd box.
dir /b/s *.sfv >>dosfv.cmd
edit dosfv.cmd with something like crimson or pspad or ultraedit or any other good editor with macros.
Make a simple macro to perform flashsfv on the first line then stop the macro recording. Then perform that same macro on all the other lines. Then simply execute it...
Old 09-06-2006, 03:40 AM   #10
FTPServerTools
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Hmm seems I was a bit too quick. Flashsfv is a gui thing and isnt that handy for commandline useage. Luckily my ftplogger is verifying sfv files as well and is working well on a commandline. I'm going to release a small program called recurse.exe which will simply recurse through a dir and perform a command. Kinda like:
recurse *.sfv c:\ioftpd\scripts\ftplogger.exe %1
Old 04-21-2007, 05:48 AM   #11
se7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTPServerTools View Post
Hmm seems I was a bit too quick. Flashsfv is a gui thing and isnt that handy for commandline useage. Luckily my ftplogger is verifying sfv files as well and is working well on a commandline. I'm going to release a small program called recurse.exe which will simply recurse through a dir and perform a command. Kinda like:
recurse *.sfv c:\ioftpd\scripts\ftplogger.exe %1
Wow. that would definitely be a nice little utility!

Did you ever get around to making it? It sounds very useful and helpful.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:39 AM   #12
se7en

well, I visited your site and found the recurse.exe utility... but I can't figure out how to use it even if my life depended on it.

Can you please help me out?

I read the help file but I still don't understand it.

Where do I have to place recurse.exe and the .cmd file? And how do I make it work?

Lets say I want to perform the command: c:\tools\some.exe -c XXX on all the *.sfv files under the folder C:\test\ (XXX = all the sfv files)

I would make a .cmd file with the line: c:\tools\some.exe -c %[FILEPATH]

and then what do I do? Where do I put the .cmd file and how do I tell recurse what to do on that specific folder?

I'm totally lost but i'm a quick learner so if you could just bear with me here I'd appreciate it.

thanks.
Closed Thread

Tags
files, flashsfv, load, sfv, time

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: