PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] - VLS for ioFTPD

freak007
06-10-2004, 03:54 PM
Hi guys,
just another req by me but I think it will be interesting für Sitering Admins or another Admins who want to manage 2 or 3 Servers over 1 Main Server
Ok I see a little tool in raidenftpd called "VLS" but i dont want to insall raiden on my machines ;)
That means you have an Mainserver and over this server you can connect to other servers

Example:
You klick on /MOVIE/ the server connect to your MOVIE server and then you see the dirs who are located on the MOVIE Server same with GAMES or MP3 is this possible or not?
I know if its possible its hard to config but I hopy anybody has enoug time;)

ThX
freak007

neoxed
06-10-2004, 04:00 PM
This cannot be accomplished using a script, it would require support on ioFTPD's end. Darkone mentioned he won't be adding this anytime soon, most likely not at all. You'd be best off using drftpd in my opinion.

There's been a few discussions relating to this previously, try to search the forums.

http://www.ioftpd.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1874&highlight=linking
http://www.ioftpd.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2348 (darkone's post)

freak007
06-13-2004, 02:48 PM
Does that mean dark0n3 will integrate this feature in any of his new releases of ioFTPD in the near future ?

Would be very nice because i think this feature is realy usefull for a lot of people.

Cya Freak007

Mouton
06-13-2004, 10:54 PM
dark said he wouldn't do it unless someone paid him to...
Now that IniCom.net hired him to work on ioFTPD (which should pick up pretty soon), maybe that will happen if there is enough demands for that feature.
But I doubt that will happen before 1.0, which is still some time ahead.... dark is already busy on a new core.

freak007
06-14-2004, 11:22 AM
Thx Mouton and NeoXed for the infos. What do you both think about that feature, isnt this usefull ?

Cya

Freak007

neoxed
06-14-2004, 12:38 PM
In my opinion, it's certainly a feature I could live without. I think there are several other things that should be addressed before this. (SSL FXP, new module system, new core, etc.)

The only practical use I can think of would be for large download servers (public mirrors) that serve hundreds of terabytes a day. Or for "warez" FTPs :p other then that, I couldn't imagine another use for it.

freak007
06-14-2004, 12:40 PM
I dont use Warez server like you mean.