PDA

View Full Version : [Fixed] incomplete symlinks left behind after upload complete

vanisher
05-30-2004, 01:54 AM
I am having a problem with ioBanana leaving the [incomplete] links behind after a release is completed. It shows 100% in the actual release directory. This [incomplete] link is not deleted until the next release arrives. Before anyone tells me to change my client's cache settings, I can tell you, this is not it. If I login with a windows ftp client, upload, and leave the incomplete link there, logout, then log back in from a linux shell box, the incomplete link is STILL there. Could it be a vfs problem? I tried out projectZS to see if it was a bug in IO Banana, but, projectZS left these links too. Debug mode is OFF in IOBanana.

Harm
05-30-2004, 02:00 AM
What versions of ioBanana and ioFTPD are you using ? What version of p-zs have you tried ?

Are those symlinks still there when you check using windows (tm) explorer ?
I haven't checked p-zs yet, but it looks like I forgot to flush the dir cache in the parent dir when release is complete. That could be it.

vanisher
05-30-2004, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Harm
What versions of ioBanana and ioFTPD are you using ? What version of p-zs have you tried ?

Are those symlinks still there when you check using windows (tm) explorer ?
I haven't checked p-zs yet, but it looks like I forgot to flush the dir cache in the parent dir when release is complete. That could be it.

200-ioFTPD version 5-8-5r
200-ioBanana version v19

No, the symlinks are not visible in Windows explorer.

As far as what version of p-zs, it's the latest one available on this site's script download page for registered users.

The only thing that fixes the problem is stopping and then restarting ioFTPD (rehash doesn't fix it).

Harm
05-30-2004, 02:18 AM
Indeed, the dir cache isn't updated when the incomplete symlinks are deleted.
It's fixed for ioBanana v20rc2.
Thanks for the report.