- IPV6
- Option to specify files that are being crc-checked

... anything else :?

Mr_X
04-05-2004, 02:32 PM
Secure FXP (SSL/TLS)

ADDiCT
04-05-2004, 02:42 PM
Customizable list of masks to hide certain filetypes.

either one of these: [files | dirs | files+dirs | mask containing both path+filename]
with either one of these things to do: [only hide | block download]

:)

odd
04-05-2004, 03:39 PM
Add support to see if a user is useing SSL or not in swho.
Not importent, just a suggestion.

ferran
04-06-2004, 10:47 AM
FEAT

tuff
04-06-2004, 11:50 AM
set users [resolve userlist]

set usersinthisgroup [resolve userlist $gid]

Guardian
04-06-2004, 12:14 PM
#1 Seperate Idle/Anti-Idle flags would be nice to have...

#2 Group internal credit transfer system (gadmin can give/take credits from user1 to user2... in his grp)...

#3 *ADDiCT : Customizable list of masks to hide certain filetypes... (same wish)

neoxed
04-06-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by tuff
set users [resolve userlist]

set usersinthisgroup [resolve userlist $gid]

This can easily be done with the current available Tcl commands..why add excess commands? ([user list] & resolve the UIDs)

An idle timeout exempt flag would be nice. :)

Luke
05-02-2004, 11:52 AM
FEAT would be nice. dark0ne, add FEAT and make it a new version ? It been awhile now since last update :)

Thanks

toki
05-02-2004, 02:33 PM
execute cookies in included files (with option to do / not to do in the include cookie itself)

toki
05-10-2004, 01:52 PM
ah another one...

dyndns support... so io resolves dns (like toki.no-ip.org) in ip1 to --> cuurent IP and then check for that ip. yes i know its no that easy and if there are several dyndns entries... but i think dns servers a made for lots of dns requests so... maybe as option... but would be nice alternative to ident using.

thx

darkone
05-10-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by toki
ah another one...

dyndns support... so io resolves dns (like toki.no-ip.org) in ip1 to --> cuurent IP and then check for that ip. yes i know its no that easy and if there are several dyndns entries... but i think dns servers a made for lots of dns requests so... maybe as option... but would be nice alternative to ident using.

thx

I'll rather look at possibility of limiting account to certain client certificates. Use of certificate would obselete both ip-check and password check providing superior protection. (This does obiviously require client certificate support from client software... and I don't think there's any, that is capable of doing that yet ;)) I will be looking closer to this feature, when I'll begin the work with SSL encrypted site to site transfers.

I don't plan to implement dyndns support to ips, since there are several drawbacks that I prefer not even try to explain. However, there's one trick that should work: Create a script that goes through all users, resolves hosts that match certain wildcards (such as *.no-ip.org, *.dyndns.net) & dumps resolved information to HOSTS file in "c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc". This should make io to resolve the 'dyndns' address from client ip, instead of resolving client's real host.... neat uhh?

Zif
06-06-2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by darkone
I don't plan to implement dyndns support to ips, since there are several drawbacks that I prefer not even try to explain. However, there's one trick that should work: Create a script that goes through all users, resolves hosts that match certain wildcards (such as *.no-ip.org, *.dyndns.net) & dumps resolved information to HOSTS file in "c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc". This should make io to resolve the 'dyndns' address from client ip, instead of resolving client's real host.... neat uhh?

Is there a finished script for this or better yet a standalone program ?

One way of doing this is to have a separate .txt file that the proggy / script reads as input and then uses the entries (dyndns) from that file to update the hosts file.

The best way would be if it created some taga in the hosts file like
# Dyndns resolve start

# Dyndns resolve end
and replaced everyting between them each time its run.

Does a proggy / script like this exist or does someone feel like they'd like to make it ?

The design with an input file is that then only those dyndns addys will get resolved - an added layer of control.

(Resolve in this case means that the proggy pings the dyndns and saves that ip in the hosts file - this since true resolve dosent work).

/Zif

iam
06-06-2004, 07:25 AM
Support the Full Duplex

Mouton
06-06-2004, 09:37 AM
the what ?

Unique
06-06-2004, 09:59 AM
active_ports
pasv_ports

instead of only pasv.

Io is still unusable on a firewalled connection without this... 1 port simply isnt enough for active in those special cases

iam
06-06-2004, 10:52 AM
Mouton => The Full Duplex and The Half Duplex
HD (Half Duplex) already supported but not FD (Full Duplex)

http://www.commentcamarche.net/transmission/transmode.php3 (in french)
do you understand ?

and new feature for hide or crypted the ip :)

ADDiCT
06-06-2004, 01:42 PM
half-duplex or full-duplex is an network card setting, it has nothing to do with ioFTPD

iam
06-06-2004, 07:43 PM
FD is activated on the network card but I think that ioFTPD support not that

Mouton
06-07-2004, 07:37 AM
It sure does allow the full NIC capacity to be used. In both directions, at the same time.

Mouton
06-07-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Unique
active_ports
pasv_ports

instead of only pasv.

Io is still unusable on a firewalled connection without this... 1 port simply isnt enough for active in those special cases Doesn't the ftp rfc states active should use only the connection port - 1 as the data port ? Didn't check, but I would guess so.
Why would u need more than one anyway ? Your users need to do 2 things at the same time on your FTP ?
(you're talking firewalled client, not server eh ?)

Unique
06-07-2004, 10:46 AM
Server and client actually, but doesnt really matter.
Its just most anoying/doomed to run into problems, while running ioftpd on a firewalled server. Since all transfers have to be active unlike the "usual"way where 50% pasv and 50% active is being used.

Ya cant expect every client/server application to run perfectly, always sending new pasv ports. Maybe ioftpd does this, but gl and many others dont. If the timeout of lingering ports was like 5 seconds, it wouldnt be such big problem. But the current lingering is simply too long.

So for best compatibility/least errors on transfers i think it should be manual selectable.
But yea, this been on this forum before, and i guess d1 gets bored of it :P Which is understandable :banana:
Im a ***** sometimes :D

darkone
06-07-2004, 02:25 PM
Only way to control lingering, is to tweak registry. Io is performing the socket closure as suggested by Microsoft. Infact, there's recent topic about it on msnews.microsoft.com microsoft.public.win32.programmer.networks. Just look for my posts there.

Luke
06-07-2004, 03:40 PM
- NT service support
-> more then 1 service ?, possible adding more option to run more then 1 .exe ??

- Option to specify files that are being crc-checked
-> like zipscript by you ?

Kewl..

:eek:

ADDiCT
06-07-2004, 04:13 PM
running 2 ioFTPD.exe's has always been possible, but u need 2 separate directories with different users/groups/config, eg. C:\ioFTPD1\ and C:\ioFTPD2\, and scripts must support it, when running them in the same NT user context.

Luke
06-07-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by ADDiCT
running 2 ioFTPD.exe's has always been possible, but u need 2 separate directories with different users/groups/config, eg. C:\ioFTPD1\ and C:\ioFTPD2\, and scripts must support it, when running them in the same NT user context.

I was thinking about ioFTPD.exe + eggdrop.exe + whatever.exe in same service installer.

:rolleyes:

Mouton
06-07-2004, 05:12 PM
ioFTPD is a daemon, not a service installer.
Do you install apache as a service using mysql service installer ?

Luke
06-07-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Mouton
ioFTPD is a daemon, not a service installer.
Do you install apache as a service using mysql service installer ?

Mouton, is a simple question of possibillity to be added ? Whats wrong with that ? I think im on the right thread and on the right forum for this, and, NO i dont use mysql, apache nor ioBanana.

- Lets end this discussion if it gonna turn to who is what ok ?

Thanks

DiONiX
06-09-2004, 05:06 PM
Could be just me.. but a ioFTPD GUI ? :cool:

KaZaR
06-19-2004, 05:40 PM
DDE instead or as addition to memory sharing (or whatever it was called ^^)... DDE is so much nicer and easier to use ^^

and I didn't see it anywhere yet, I don't know how complicated it would be in C++, but in VB it's something totally easy-to-implement... would be great.

greetz,
KaZaR

btw: First post :D
btw2: Still wating for my registration-mail I sent wednesday ;D

netz
06-20-2004, 05:21 AM
LDAP authentication.

neoxed
06-20-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by netz
LDAP authentication.

This can be accomplished using ioFTPD's user and group modules. I highly doubt darkone would add direct support for it. ;)

neoxed
06-20-2004, 03:09 PM
Would it be possible to add an environmental variable/Tcl variable indicating which VFS file is currently being used for that user?

By doing so it would save a fair amount of work. First you would have to open the userfile and check for the vfsfile. If there is no vfsfile found in the userfile, you would then have to open the user's primary group file and check for the vfsfile. Then finally, if there was no vfsfile found in the groupfile, you would have to read ioFTPD.ini and find the Default_Vfs option.

If you ask me, getenv("VFSFILE"); would be a lot less work, especially since this is run every OnUploadComplete event. ;)

Harm
06-20-2004, 03:46 PM
The VFSFILE env var would indeed be really usefull.
Perhaps with the new cookie system ... :)

jbeezer
06-23-2004, 01:45 PM
I also would like to see some sort of simple direct LDAP support for io.

GIT
06-24-2004, 07:59 AM
Hello

.lnk files Support Please !

Seems it was planned trusting this thread :
http://www.ioftpd.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=376&highlight=.lnk

But still no support of .lnk files atm :/

I m only waiting for this features for ages

As soon it will be added i will register for the full version of iofpd !

Bored of using bulletFPTD / raidenFTPD !!!!

mr_F_2
06-24-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by GIT
Hello

.lnk files Support Please !

Seems it was planned trusting this thread :
http://www.ioftpd.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=376&highlight=.lnk

But still no support of .lnk files atm :/

I m only waiting for this features for ages

As soon it will be added i will register for the full version of iofpd !

Bored of using bulletFPTD / raidenFTPD !!!!

I see no problem with the VFS method that io currently uses, what's the point of adding .lnk at all?
anyway, if you add this, make it optional please. I sure as shit don't want it.

GIT
06-24-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by mr_F
I see no problem with the VFS method that io currently uses, what's the point of adding .lnk at all?
anyway, if you add this, make it optional please. I sure as shit don't want it.

Yep, sure VFS system is ok to mount various disk path, but it is better (i think) to work with native windows .lnk files when u have to manage manually hundreds & hundreds of virtual path links.

For example if you organize well (i.e. better than the classic scripts around which make only basic organisation) ur mp3 archive by artists/genre/grp/year/labels/etc etc

mr_F_2
06-26-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by GIT
Yep, sure VFS system is ok to mount various disk path, but it is better (i think) to work with native windows .lnk files when u have to manage manually hundreds & hundreds of virtual path links.

For example if you organize well (i.e. better than the classic scripts around which make only basic organisation) ur mp3 archive by artists/genre/grp/year/labels/etc etc

i think ioFTPd's linking (site chattr +l) is more than ample. it's just a matter a script being able to do what you want it to, because you're either saying
a) you are willing to make 1029802938809 .lnk shortcuts to folders to make your ftp setup look pretty
b) you want a script that makes .lnk to make your ftp look pretty

if it's A, then you surely have enough time to site chattr +l all the folders
if it's B, then you'll find that scripts already do this. and if youre *exact* script requirement doesn't exist, request it. but i really don't see .lnk functionality as anything close to useful, it's more of a security risk than anything else.

Luke
06-30-2004, 03:02 PM
- ICF auto open firewall port thingy when loading. (Windows firewall)

- MODE Z - on the fly compression technology. ( http://www1.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-preston-ftpext-deflate-02.txt )

dark0ne, whare you at ??. Been long time since you post something. Are you alive ??. Are those Inicom preeps take all your time ?. Tell them your fans need you to fix and update your baby.

Thanks

;)

neoxed
06-30-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Luke - MODE Z - on the fly compression technology. ( http://www1.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-preston-ftpext-deflate-02.txt )
Search the forums for information on MODE Z, this has been requested and discussed before.

This feature will more then likely never be added to ioFTPD; take a look at darkone's comments relating to MODE Z on the FlashFXP forums.

http://forum.flashfxp.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4430

Unique
12-07-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by darkone
Only way to control lingering, is to tweak registry. Io is performing the socket closure as suggested by Microsoft. Infact, there's recent topic about it on msnews.microsoft.com microsoft.public.win32.programmer.networks. Just look for my posts there.

Someone found this setting yet?

If yes plz post here how to change it. Thnx

iam
01-26-2005, 05:27 AM
Support "credits section different" without related the ratio and the credit (like glftpd).

MaistroX
01-27-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by iam
Support "credits section different" without related the ratio and the credit (like glftpd).

Agree. :)

ZAiNT
01-28-2005, 12:03 PM
dl while ul large file support

Harm
01-28-2005, 12:16 PM
ZAiNT: This has been discussed before and darkone said it wasn't an option. It may be available on *nix systems but windows filesystems won't allow that in a nice way.

ZAiNT
02-02-2005, 11:46 AM
a GOOD API documentation would be great

ps. too bad about the dl while ul large file support filesystem issue.. i will still keep my hopes up since i know d1 is a genious! ;b ds.