PDA

View Full Version : [security] xferlog

NorLan
01-16-2004, 09:56 AM
hello

it would be nice to have a choice between doing a complete log of "date time ip user whathehasdone" and a log something like "user whathehasdone". As a matter of fact it would be nooot very nice if anybody (police etc.) catches my server and the complete log is found. until now i do it on not a nice way -> sheduled delete

ADDiCT
01-16-2004, 10:32 AM
paranoid? run ioFTPD from a PGPDisk
requires u to enter the password on every boot, no password = no logfile :)

NorLan
01-16-2004, 10:54 AM
very funny addict ....

in my mind it is a thing to handle with a loaded gun, but another to play with it when it is unchocked...
i have a server with up to x tb and about xxx gb traffic each month - don't think it is stupid to be a lille paranoid (it is enough they catch me and not the whole city *g)...

could be that i am stupid but perhaps there are a few others who share my opinion...

toki
01-16-2004, 12:28 PM
pgpdisc volume works great... on every ftpd i ever had... and i even have my ftp data in volumes which have to be mounted on startup. so let them come and cut power. :p (but anyway it is no TB server or thousands of GB traffic) its just... consequent. does not depend on 100GB hdd or 10 TB hdd space.

greez toki

NorLan
01-16-2004, 12:46 PM
ok thanks for those goood statments . . .

after all i don't know if these option (exact/medium/no - log) is possible or not ...

but thanks for your suggestion of using pgpdisk

darkone
01-16-2004, 01:51 PM
You can disable xferlog, by setting it's attribute to read only.

NorLan
01-16-2004, 01:52 PM
thanks d1