PDA

View Full Version : Optimized SITE SEARCH function

wrycat_2
12-05-2003, 03:34 PM
I'm missing a faster sitesearch. I'm not sure if this is the job for a skript or does need some modification of ioFTPD. I noticed that SITE SEARCH on glFTPD is times faster than on ioFTPD and i'm wondering if this could be implemented for ioFTPD too?

darkone
12-05-2003, 04:03 PM
Afak, glftpd's site 'search' uses locate. (which is heavily optimized routine) I have no plans in implenting 'search' directly to ftpd core; just wait until someone writes a decent algorithm for the purpose (I'd imagine, that storing directory x times a day, into sql database would do the trick)

Harm
12-06-2003, 03:41 AM
ioBanana has a SITE DUPE command that searches in its current_dirs.log. :banana:

wrycat_2
12-06-2003, 11:33 AM
@HARM

does SITE DUPE use all old dirs or only directories uploded with ioFTPD?

WarC
12-07-2003, 12:18 PM
If not using a file to store searchdata in I dont think you can be much faster on searches than ioA is. Dont think its slow either as is. Used it to search dirtrees with 1000+ folders and 10000+ files and it still doesnt take long.

Zer0Racer
12-07-2003, 12:50 PM
As I've said before... Configure it properly - don't make it go through unnecessarry subdirs (read: into every reldir). ioA search goes through my 15000+ dirs and gives me result in less than 1 second. That's on a regular IDE drive on crappy VIA controller. Who needs faster search than that?

wrycat_2
12-08-2003, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Zer0Racer
As I've said before... Configure it properly - don't make it go through unnecessarry subdirs (read: into every reldir). ioA search goes through my 15000+ dirs and gives me result in less than 1 second. That's on a regular IDE drive on crappy VIA controller. Who needs faster search than that?

Ok i will try to optimize my config if possible. i have about 200GB spanned over 3 IDE Drives. Most of the files are music and sorted like /cat/Artist/Album/Title so i have to scan a lot of subfolders. Maybe this slows down the search? I have to wait up to a minute for results. Ok now i give your hints a try. Thanks a lot.