PDA

View Full Version : fqf format

Thany
02-19-2005, 04:40 PM
I just found a small description of the fqf format here (http://forum.flashfxp.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1494), but i've got a question.

How do I encode the username/password into such a file? When haveing connected through the site manager and saving a queue, the queue file contains the name of the site, which isn't very useful when an application I'm developing needs to generate a queue file. When having quick-connected (F8), the queue file looks different. I'd like explained what all this means:

14-38476.2871236777thany.org

First of all, what's those characters after the 1 and the 4? Secondly, how do I generate those numbers? What their algorithm?

bigstar
02-19-2005, 06:32 PM
A queue generated for quick connect sites is different from a queue generated for site manager sites. You will not be able to easily duplicate a quick connect queue.

As stated in the fqf format those are special characters which act as delimiters. It is the ASCII 1 character.

You will not be able to generate "38476.2871236777" it is a special identifier to define the site.

To generate a queue for a site that doesn't exist in the site manager you need to replace the host field with the site details as "ftp://user:pass@host:port"

Thany
02-20-2005, 07:51 AM
Alright, I see they are ASCII 1 characters, but I also see a sequence of (hex) 01 02 2D 01 02. Does that mean anything or should I just copy that?

about the non-existing sites, am I right when I say the password is not encrypted or encoded then?

bigstar
02-20-2005, 11:32 AM
Your better off following the fqf format rather then trying to decode a fqf created by FlashFXP, the format is not 100% identical.

You will not be using ASCII 2 in your queue files, this is specific to FlashFXP generated queue files.

The password will not be encrypted.

Thany
02-21-2005, 10:41 AM
Ok, so one more thing: what about unicode filenames? I know the FTP protocol doesn't support them, but in order to make FlashFXP open them for uploading, they have to be called by their unicode name, right?

btw, I found a bug!
FlashFXP is reconnecting to the site for every file. I should just stay connected if the URL for each file is the same...

bigstar
02-21-2005, 07:10 PM
Unicode isn't supported and is converted into Ansi text, Leave the filenames exactly as seen in FlashFXP and everything should be ok.

It would appear that you have found a limitation of the new transfer queue design in v3. We did our best to insure backwards compatiblity but it appears that this limitation slipped through the cracks.

At the moment there is no way to solve this problem when working with ftp:// formatted hosts. I will try to find a solution but the outcome looks grim.

One alternative would be to generate the queue using a pre-existing site in the site manager. you would replace the ftp:// url with the site manager entry name as seen in the FlashFXP.ini A quick connect site entry would not be suited for this purpose and would not work properly.

Thany
02-21-2005, 09:27 PM
Can't FlashFXP just *not* reconnect if the site URL is the same as the last (currently connected) one?

Btw, this does kinda call for a new format, like XML (http://forum.flashfxp.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5453), doesn't it? ;)

btw, that alternative you suggested wouldn't be too useful when I want to generate an fqf on one computer, and import/execute it on another...

bigstar
03-11-2005, 02:31 PM
This issue with FlashFXP re-connecting for each entry has been resolved in the latest beta release v3.1.12.1075.

FlashFXP in general doesn't support unicode, The existing queue format could be adapted to support unicode once FlashFXP Supports it.