PDA

View Full Version : FlashFXP limitation to ~410 kb/s ???

Mouhamed
12-14-2004, 02:43 PM
Hi,

I have a really weird problem : when i download anything on FlashFXP (tested Linux ISO, .gz, etc...) my speed seems to be "locked" @ 410-420 kb/s :eek:

You can say "hmm maybe your DSL line cannot do more or the ftp is slow or you set download limitation in FlashFXP"
And i will answer "NO !!!"

Because i tested many things :
- Downloading with an other FTP Client : more than 600 kb/s for the same file & FTP (tested with 2 ftp/file) !!
- Modify some settings (include speed limitation) : same problem
- Reinstallating FlashFXP on an other directory to keep all default settings : same problem :(

Really incredible problem :eek:
Please help, i am new registered user and FlashFXP doesnt work as i wanted :(

* FlashFXP v3.02, build 1045, registered
* Running behind NAT/router [Yes] & Model [BEWAN 600]
* Running firewall [No]
* Running Antivirus [No]
* Network [xDSL 8 mb]

Linkster
12-14-2004, 07:36 PM
did you try changing the download packet size? Options/preferences/advanced.

Mouhamed
12-15-2004, 04:45 AM
Hello,

Thanks for the answer, but same, tried some different packet size, always stuck ~400 today :(

bigstar
12-15-2004, 09:22 PM
FlashFXP v3.0.2 doesn't have a download packet size option, you'll need to wait until the next release.

Mouhamed
12-16-2004, 01:07 AM
This is a known problem or what this 400 kb/s limitation ? I can't believe this is the only app limited @ 400 kb/s :eek:

Linkster
12-16-2004, 01:16 AM
Its not a known problem. Many people use FlashFXP on gigabit networks with great success. It has to be an issue with your internet connection and the packet size, etc.

K-LiNeD
12-19-2004, 07:44 AM
Hi all,

I got this problem with FlashFxp too and I found how to resolve it.

- Edit your FlashFxp.ini

- Under [main] add

- RecvBuffer = 256

Ex:
[Main]
RecvBuffer = 256

You should get a higher speed. It works for me.

Hope this help nd please let me know if it works.

Mouhamed
12-27-2004, 07:16 AM
Thank you for your answer.

I tried but it doesnt work, i don't get more high speed, i tried with 16, 256, 512 :(

Maybe it's for an older version ? I have the last one (3.0.2)

EDIT : And this happened ONLY in FlashFXP, i didn't see any apps that limit my speed, even other FTP Client in PASSIVE Mode

Mouhamed
12-29-2004, 07:06 PM
I discovered an important thing !!! :)

The speed limitation problem appears ONLY in PASSIVE MODE, i am stuck @ 400 kB/s or around 500 kB/s :eek:

In ACTIVE MODE, i am at FULL SPEED, for my ADSL LINE = 8 mb/s = 1 MB/s :eek:

I hope it will help dev(s) ;)

bigstar
12-29-2004, 10:34 PM
Please see the following thread http://forum.flashfxp.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5079

Mouhamed
12-30-2004, 08:25 AM
Ok thanks, but no fix yet :(
And i agree with others it is a FlashFXP problem, coz SmartFTP handle this correctly :D
Maybe a UPNP support will correct this weird problem ? Who knows :)

bigstar
12-30-2004, 08:38 AM
Your right, I haven't been able to figure it out and since I can't reproduce the problem on any of my machines it makes this very difficult to solve.

Some people have reported that FlashFXP v2.x doesn't have this problem but the underlaying transport routines for v3.x are almost identical and the changes that were made do not appear to be causing this problem.

UPNP would effect incoming connections (PORT) and you are experiencing this problem with outgoing connections (PASV).

Mouhamed
12-30-2004, 09:23 AM
Copy/past PORT code on PASV code, even if it is the same :p
I know we often say "it's same", but a small change can **** up an entire algo :D

And release a new private BETA, so we can test it :p

bigstar
12-30-2004, 11:00 AM
This has already been done, Using the old code caused the same slower than expected results. It didn't make any sense what-so-ever. BTW I replaced the entire ftp engine, not just the PASV/PORT routines.