PDA

View Full Version : addon script for nxmydb

gerard
10-21-2007, 07:41 AM
hey everybody, im trying to write a trial/quota script using nxmydb. i want to setup a standalone quota eggdrop on a *nix machine and query the nxmysql db to check the monthup values. i know how to handle mysqltcl to query mysql from a tcl script, but i cant access the monthup values because they are stored as binary blob. now im looking for a way to convert those values to integers so i could work with them.

any ideas?

jeza
10-21-2007, 09:23 AM
i think the best way to get stats is to get them from ioFTPD.
so either u use ftp connection to ioftpd site or an external program that uses shared memory with ioftpd.

gerard
10-21-2007, 09:37 AM
thats what neoxed told me to do aswell. and i get the point, but i was trying to create a centralized solution, so i wouldnt have to rely on one of the windows slaves. i guess ill have to simply use a quota script on one of the slaves. :-(

jeza
10-22-2007, 01:14 AM
if i understand, u wanna have a nix machine to get stats from mysql and then u need a connection to ioftpd to delete user on fail quota for example.
in that case u can also get stats from ioftpd.

gerard
10-25-2007, 01:39 AM
well, yes. i would like to not do the "connect to io machine" part. but everybody is advising against direct interaction with the db. so i'll probably just setup a dummy io windows box that syncs and only runs a quota script.. thanks anyway