PDA

View Full Version : Dupe db using symlinks?

eger
05-18-2006, 09:02 PM
Loving new alco 1.2.0 and nxtools 1.0.4a. I was using a very old setup with nxtools and ioA and now I have blown away ioA since nx pretty much does everything it does now.

When search the dupe db though I get results like this:
[R] site search Easy
[R] 200- /[MP3]-TODAY/VA-Easy_Hits_Ezh_54

It looks like it is using the symlinks instead of the real dirs. I was guessing this might be a config issue on my part. But i'm not quite sure how to make the dupe not use the symlink? I already have this in my dupe config:set dupe(LoggingExempts) {
{/!ADMIN/*}
{/DROP/*}
{/[MP3]-TODAY/*}

Maybe someone could point me in the right direction?

neoxed
05-19-2006, 03:28 PM
The problem arises when users create directories using absolute paths where one or more of the path components are symbolic links.

For example, a user executes the following command:
MKD /today/my-directoryWhere /today is a symbolic link pointing to /incoming/other/2006-05-16.

The real virtual path is /incoming/other/2006-05-16/my-directory but nxTools only sees /today/my-directory - so that's what it logs. All file related post/pre commands that nxTools hooks (MKD, RMD, STOR, DELE, RNFR, and RNTO) have this same problem.

I'll have to find a way to resolve symbolic links in path names...without significantly slowly down the script.

eger
05-19-2006, 04:11 PM
Gotcha, that makes sense since I am sure users are using the symbolic mp3 dir link to create new mp3. Not too important. But if you found a way around it would be nice to have in future version =)