PDA

View Full Version : Bounty's disappointment

bounty
11-29-2005, 04:42 AM
I write this message to share my disappointment with you all.

I am very disappointed of the poll's result for the work i provided for the comunity.
Some of my scripts were the most downloaded on the old web server (ioftpd.com).
I've lost the motivation to continue

Bounty

JoC
11-29-2005, 05:33 AM
One reason for you not being higher in that poll might be that you wasnt added to the poll from start. And I dont think the poll was restarted when you was added, but i might be wrong on this.

However I agree dZSbot is one of the scripts i used most, great work on that, would really be a shame if you didnt continue.

On a side not, since d1 left io seems to be fading away. I think it is great that _panic_ is willing to dedicate his free time without pay but my concern is if that time really is enough to get this going again.

FTPServerTools
11-29-2005, 06:20 AM
I already said before that I am willing to help in coding. But alas no real reply. I guess they consider ioftpd to be inicom property etc.. Such a site bug should be fairly easy to fix I think. Specially if it can be reproduced it should be able to be fixed in like 5 minutes flat.

JoC
11-29-2005, 06:27 AM
I already said before that I am willing to help in coding. But alas no real reply. I guess they consider ioftpd to be inicom property etc.. Such a site bug should be fairly easy to fix I think. Specially if it can be reproduced it should be able to be fixed in like 5 minutes flat.

I wasnt thinking about "my" <site command> bug really but more of future development, but it would be nice if that bug was fixed soon. :)

BTW didnt mean to get this post off topic, the post is about Bounty.

EwarWoo
11-29-2005, 06:30 AM
I think another part of the problem is people with foundation licences get them for ioB. People who use dzsbot dont need a foundation licence.
I keep meaning to get round to upgrading mine myself, I already have pro license so the difference to add foundation on is negligible, its just slackness stopping me so I guess that makes me part of the problem.
I'll make sure I get round to upgrading this weekend and give a vote for you. And I'd suggest the others who use dzsbot do the same. Because it would be a pity if it died. And your work certainly is appreciated widely.

JoC
11-29-2005, 06:38 AM
EwarWoo the voting is closed now i think.

helenoksen
11-29-2005, 09:14 AM
yea whats up with that vote anyway? I would like to see all great scripters get some into their pockets now that things are changed.. or at least there must be a better way to distribute all that $$? I mean after all if it wasn't for them this community would be totally non-existent. And yea bounty should def. not be left without any dough. And where the fux0r is d1? :/

JoeBAR
11-29-2005, 10:09 AM
I think Bounty missed that the voter was only done by members of the higher fee community, whereas his work was always in the free download area. Most people voting would have had a good reason to pay extra, like having access to other, non-free script. I use dzsbot, and despite the fairly remote position of Bounty in the last 10 months, I would have gladly supported him in the vote. As it was, we 'cheap' members didn't have any say in the matter, since it was not 'our' money anyway.

_panic_
11-29-2005, 02:26 PM
On a side not, since d1 left io seems to be fading away. I think it is great that _panic_ is willing to dedicate his free time without pay but my concern is if that time really is enough to get this going again.

i'm going to have more time to commit to ioftpd come march or april next year. my time is very short right now, and combined with the learning curve of coming up to speed on development and scripting, i appologize for things moving so slowly.

but i read these forums every day, answer questions when i know the answers, and research the code when i don't. i think about you guys all the time :)

seriously, i work to keep this community engaged and involved with what is going on. solicit feedback, and listen. though i am a bottleneck, that is a short term problem. i'm here to provide support where i can. give a little back, and have a little patience. i told everyone in the beginning we would feel the affect of not having d1 around. adjusting to that is going to take time.

_panic_
11-29-2005, 02:33 PM

i didn't have anything to say about this because i'm torn about doing this sort of thing. there are legal and logistical issues in involving you in the codebase, substantially above the "five minutes" you say it would take you to fix the bug.

right now we're not able to support another developer. i just won't have the bandwidth for a little while to be able to consider requests like this. :(

mr_F
11-29-2005, 02:43 PM

I am very disappointed of the poll's result for the work i provided for the comunity.

Bounty

wow, i didn't know you were into coding ftpd scripts only for the money.
you should really be happy you got anything. not trying to flame you,
but think about it.

also consider placements. there is top 4 and then general payout.
We only got 1 vote, and I would have honestly picked one of those 4 who got
top 4 for my single choice. Yeah the voting system should have been "pick your favorite 3" or something, but the cake has been cut.

SnypeTEST
11-29-2005, 02:51 PM

Bounty

Yep php_psio had the most Downloads [for a zs] on the old server, but I dont mind not being voted for [edit: actually, got 3 votes.. THANKS DUDES! ;)]. You just have to go back to your roots and remember why you really started the project.

kalle2000
11-29-2005, 06:23 PM
wow, i didn't know you were into coding ftpd scripts only for the money.
you should really be happy you got anything. not trying to flame you,
but think about it.

also consider placements. there is top 4 and then general payout.
We only got 1 vote, and I would have honestly picked one of those 4 who got
top 4 for my single choice. Yeah the voting system should have been "pick your favorite 3" or something, but the cake has been cut.

i doubt its about the money, i think its because he dident get many votes and feel that his work isent appreciated around here.. anyway i think bountys scripts kicks ass and the reason he dident get many votes is because they are free

FTPServerTools
11-29-2005, 07:46 PM
Ah well I just wanted to try to help. All the legalities are indeed horryfying but needed. And I agree that that stuff would take loads of time.. Too bad tho, a little extra help in for example small fixes might be usefull. Anyway what surprises me is that nobody really made a dump or has an address of the site command crash error. It is so much easier to find the prosition where it crashes and do corrections if only some people would note down the eerror or learn to use drwtsn32.exe

JoC
11-30-2005, 01:18 AM
Anyway what surprises me is that nobody really made a dump or has an address of the site command crash error. It is so much easier to find the prosition where it crashes and do corrections if only some people would note down the eerror or learn to use drwtsn32.exe

Adress was submitted here, http://www.inicom.net/forum/showpost.php?p=126573&postcount=25