PDA

View Full Version : site to site transfer to glftpd

InvisiGod
08-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Hi there,

I have got a slight problem with site to secure site transfers to glftpd. Does ioftpd not support site to site transfers to gl or is something wrong with my settings. I have already used the search funktion of the forum, but haven't found anything adequate.
Thanks very much for your help in advance.

Cheers

InvisiGod

darkone
08-04-2005, 03:49 PM
io 1.0 will support secure site to site transfers. Because of known (?) security issue in current implementation, I never bothered to implement it. Also notice that PASSIVE mode SSL transfers are also vulnerable. Always prefer to use ACTIVE mode when possible. This applies to all daemons, and all implementations. Certificate based authentication on both control channel and data channel is a MUST for secure passive mode transfers.

InvisiGod
08-04-2005, 03:52 PM
so it is not possible with io 5.xx, right?

darkone
08-04-2005, 03:54 PM
Should be possible, if you use altenrative mode site to site transfer (or what it was called in FFXP settings) io 5.x doesn't support CPSV/SSCN which is required to initiate SSL connection.

InvisiGod
08-04-2005, 04:01 PM
k, I see. Thanks a lot and sorry for bothering you. :)
When do you think io 1.0 willn approximatley be ready?

InvisiGod
08-04-2005, 04:14 PM
hmm, just tested the alternative mode. FXPing from io to gl now works fine, however gl to io doesn't work.

[L] TYPE I
[L] 200 Type set to I.
[R] CPSV
[R] 500 'CPSV': Command not understood
Secure site to site transfers not supported by this ftp server
[R] Transfer Failed!
1 File failed to transfer
Server Error, Aborted

darkone
08-04-2005, 05:54 PM
If I remember correctly, you can set it so that io-side of connection will be always using active mode.

InvisiGod
08-05-2005, 02:46 AM
I played a lil bit with the flashfxp settings, but it doesn't work. :(

richto
08-31-2005, 09:51 AM
Hi,

Are existing licensed ioftpd users covered for free for the 1.0 upgrade or is it chargeable. If so how much?

Is there a beta program?

Darkone are you now a shareholder in Inicom? ie if I buy a Flash license does it benefit you?

Finally, why not call it FlashFTPD....as I see you already have the domain name...