View Single Post
Old 12-18-2004, 05:21 PM  
Beastlee

Default Duplicate entries in Listings (RAID)

Hi,

I've been trying out ioFTPd for a few days now and have found it's features to be excellent.
As an registered owner of Raiden I really liked the RAID facility as I have multiple HDDs and need to merge the folders.

in some cases I have a folder within part of the exisiting structure that I want to merge with another folder on a different HDD but with the same name. When I do this I get another instance in the directory listing for the same item.

Example vfs :
"E:\Default" /
"G:\MP3s" /Media/MP3s
"I:\MP3s" /Media/MP3s

On the E: drive I have a structure that follows "E:\Default\Media\MP3s"
By adding in the other 2 virtual entries I get 2 instances of MP3s showing within the Media folder. This is the case for any subdirectories that may occur also. Ie. singles, albums etc. It doesn't matter which one you select as both take oyu to the same subfolder listing. It would seem all that is needed is to remove duplicate named entries as the directory is listed? Are you aware of this problem and, if it's not something I can fix, is it something that will be covered in a later revision?

With Raiden this does not occur, it merges the 2 folders seamlessly. I would really like to use ioFTPD, as I have a few connection problems when using Raiden, but would prefer to get this tidied up before I completely remove Raiden.

Thanks for any advice.
Beast
Beastlee is offline   Reply With Quote