View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 04:29 PM  
mr_F_2

Quote:
Originally posted by dink-puller
Well, if you take a broader view... ioFTPD users are a minority among FTPD users. So even if he is right and what he says fairly represents the feelings of ioFTPD users, to which I disagree, his opinion doesn't necessarily represent that of all FTPD users. Statistics are the essence of marketing, so screw whoever's right.
About a thousand registered ioFTPD users may agree with him, but several million registered BPFTP users agree with me.
the thing is, ioFTPD > BPFTP. in just scripting functionality and stats alone. not to mention the threadpool design of ioFTPD. you probably agree, otherwise you'd be happy with BP and wouldn't come here requesting that io have this feature. which isn't a bad request, i was just telling you that it is a security risk, if for no other reason than the fact that you are running a public FTP which i have assumed isn't distributining ... open source software. and also what d1 has said, that io is a daemon will not cater to strange 'bulky' additions that have turned other FTP daemons into cesspools of software and redudant cpu intensive code
mr_F_2 is offline   Reply With Quote