Thread: EPGuru
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 01:09 AM  
f0xn3t

Exclamation EPGuru2 is here, finally :)

I'm sry to everybody for such delay, but some personal problems have crossed my plans to finish my script on time
Nonetheless, it's finally here.

As I've noticed TVTome.com has changed into TV.com with completely different page layout.
So, I've decided to make new script for it... it wasn't so easy, because TV.com is really buggy Database as well (( ...anyway, Show and Episode searcher is back, but Person searcher has gone... trust me, TV.com's DB for person is worse than before, so I recommend to use IMDb.com.

I've finished 2 scripts... EPGuru2 and EPGuru2FTP
- EPGuru2 is similar to it's older brother/sister EPGuru -> contains Show and Episode searcher only + improved releasename parser
- EPGuru2FTP is like EPGuru2 but shows information after NEW or PRE announces. It's tested for ioFTPd dZSbot and glFTPd dZSbot (ProjectZS-NG) .

Announce Layout is fully customizable... just add variable from a huge list + you can add something like anti-empty tags
e.g. <status>Status: %status</status> <- this means when status information is found on TV.com than "Status: something" will be shown, but when no info is found for status than everything between those 2 tags won't be shown... nice, isn't it?

Another improved thing is the releasename parser... Before, when you had entered releasename and it found more results you had to enter ID of a show to get information... but now... all you need is to enter releasename and the rest is up to script
you can just add "-ep" if you want Episode info instead of Show info...and "-x" if you want Extended info instead of Limited info.... <- this is only for EPGuru2 script

EPGuru2FTP does everything itself, you don't have to do anything just sit and watch.

Well, check attachments to get both scripts.

BTW: I wanted to release EPGuru v5.0, but search engine on epguides.com is dead again on that page in some kind of contact form and no search form and I don't want to change it back to Google searching... it's really annoying... so, EPGuru script is postponed.

BTW #2: when you found any information bugs CHECK TV.com first and then let me know by adding reply to this thread.

Enjoy...
f0xn3t is offline   Reply With Quote